Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOny O'Shea is better than Phil Taylor

Options
  • 10-10-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

obvious......isn't it? :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/darts/8279702.stm

England and Wales enjoyed success at the World Darts Federation's World Cup event in the Charlotte, North Carolina.
    Stockport's WDF world number one Tony O'Shea won the men's singles title, averaging 35.77 per dart as he beat Dutchman Joey ten Berge 7-3.
    England duo Karen Lawman and Lisa Ashton cruised to the women's team crown, beating Maud Jansson and Carina Ekberg of Sweden 6-2.
    Jamie Lewis of Wales beat Tuomas Tikka of Finland 6-4 in the boys' final.
    But Julie Gore of Wales was well beaten by Stacy Bromberg of the United States in the women's final, losing 7-3.
    Northern Ireland's Daryl Gurney and John Elder were beaten 6-4 in the men's pairs final by Anthony Fleete and Geoff Kime of Australia.
    Zoe Jones of England was just edged in the girls' final, losing 6-5 to Finland's Aliisa Koskivirta.

Not too many of the top PDC players have a 107+ 3 dart average, but I can't imagine this is accurate from bbc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

That was his average, Ten Berge averaged about a ton if i remember right. Lots of player can do it off t.v., if im not mistaken Andy Hamilton done it against our own Ciarribhoy this year. In the shorter format its well possible and happens alot in both the BDO and PDC events. Its the consistancy Taylor averages 105 at thats so impressive but most pro's can do it over 10-12 legs when it clicks.

I've seen the Mayo no.1 Martin Heeneghan do it when he was 17 in a big local event. He won his semi 4-0 with 2 12 darters and 2 15's which is an average of 111.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

padr81 wrote: »
    if im not mistaken Andy Hamilton done it against our own Ciarraibhoy this year.

It was Mark Walsh who averaged 107.35 against me over 4 legs. In the following game he averaged 111+ over 4 legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Guess I was mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

The difference is that Taylor averages that over 7 sets and not 7 legs. I could almost gaurantee that if O'Shea tried doing that for 7 sets, his average would be in the early to mid ninetys.

In fact, the thread title is totally wrong anyway because Taylor averaged 109 in last years World Final.

Edit to say i realise you are only taking the mickey with the thread title!

Advertisement