Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm help

Options
  • 09-10-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have a HKC alarm and it is working fine except for the lights on the external box. The leds flash but are very faint and one can barely tell if the alarm is activated or not . Intruders may think the alarm therefore is not activated which is a concern . i have sent request to HKC but no reply. Do i have to get new bulbs or new box and where would one pick these up ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

munman wrote: »
    I have a HKC alarm and it is working fine except for the lights on the external box. The leds flash but are very faint and one can barely tell if the alarm is activated or not . Intruders may think the alarm therefore is not activated which is a concern . i have sent request to HKC but no reply. Do i have to get new bulbs or new box and where would one pick these up ?

You need a new external bell, the led are gone inthe bell. You can pick them up in any alarm equipment supplier..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 munman

any of these shops around the leixlip area ?

any of these shops around the leixlip area ?

M.E.W in Leixlip, I.G.T in Lucan also sell them..
    Any problems getting one let me know..

will do , thanks a lot

will do , thanks a lot

Your welcome..

• Advertisement

I got the external bell here in leixlip. I am going to install myself in the next few days. I have not done this before, Is there any tips for doing so ?

1) Do i need to trip off main power to the house?
    2) What do i need to do at the controll panel if anything?
    3) Is it just as simple as replacing the old bell with the new?

The manual mentions engineer mode at he controll panel in relation to the tamper function. How do i get in to engineer mode?

I got the external bell here in leixlip. I am going to install myself in the next few days. I have not done this before, Is there any tips for doing so ?

1) Do i need to trip off main power to the house?
    2) What do i need to do at the controll panel if anything?
    3) Is it just as simple as replacing the old bell with the new?

The manual mentions engineer mode at he controll panel in relation to the tamper function. How do i get in to engineer mode?

You should down power the alarm and disconnect the battery in the panel before doing this as you could blow the fuses in the panel relating to the external and internal bell plus there is a risk of electric shock inside the panel so be careful. The old external bell will ring when you do this. It will ring if you have the eng code or not so i would not be worried about this.
    Change the wires in the external bell to the same in the new one. Power up the panel and that should be it.

Any problems let me know..

I have just replaced the external bell and all went fine except for when i powered up .
    The leds are currently flashing as they should.
    But,
    I have a fault on my controll panel.
    flashing between ext. bell fuse ----> ext. bell tamper.
    I can not set the alarm for the house now as it thinks the tamper relay is not met but i have chaecked and it is and the cover is on correctly.
    has a fuse blown ?

I have a fault on my controll panel.
    flashing between ext. bell fuse ----> ext. bell tamper.
    I can not set the alarm for the house now as it thinks the tamper relay is not met but i have chaecked and it is and the cover is on correctly.
    has a fuse blown ?

This is correct, you have blown the fuse. If you down powered the alarm you might have the positive and negative touching which has blown the fuse when you powered it back up.
    The tamper might not be sitting properly in the external bell which is causing this fault to appear on the keypad.
    Hope this helps..

blown fuse , do i have to get a new box ?
    i can not see the fuse.

• Advertisement

blown fuse , do i have to get a new box ?
    i can not see the fuse.

No, you just need a new fuse. Its goes inside the alarm panel..

Got this fuse and all is ok with alarm now again. I,ve got an all singing and dancing alarm again. Altor ; thanks so much for your help and for getting in touch last night to walk me around the panel on the phone . you certainly know your stuff about alarms. anything else i need to know about alarms , i,ll be getting in touch with you.
    Thanks again. :)

Got this fuse and all is ok with alarm now again. I,ve got an all singing and dancing alarm again. Altor ; thanks so much for your help and for getting in touch last night to walk me around the panel on the phone . you certainly know your stuff about alarms. anything else i need to know about alarms , i,ll be getting in touch with you.
    Thanks again. :)

Your welcome munman, good to hear you got the fuse and the alarm is up and running again.. Any more problems you know where i am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnc123

Hi Altor,

You seem to be on top of issues with these systems.
    I have aquired an alarm system, in almost new condition, company went out of business and system was replaced.
    It is a HKC 1070 system
    when i power it up it is looking for a 6 digit code.
    Looking to reset the system to factory settings and an installation manual
    I just need to reassemble the system for my own amusement
    John C

johnc123 wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

You seem to be on top of issues with these systems.
    I have aquired an alarm system, in almost new condition, company went out of business and system was replaced.
    It is a HKC 1070 system
    when i power it up it is looking for a 6 digit code.
    Looking to reset the system to factory settings and an installation manual
    I just need to reassemble the system for my own amusement
    John C

If not engineer locked you can down power the system, mains and battery.
    Remove the factory link, jp1 power back up and it should give you the option to default. If eng locked then you will need to contact a registered installer to have same done.

Ill PM you the eng manual now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A good installer will be ableable to reset this system for you.
    Locking this as it's a very old thread and not relevant to information security.If you need anything more start a new thread in Home Security Systems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement