Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinarium

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

So then, has anyone on here downloaded the demo?

Really enjoyable little adventure game, and I'll certainly be picking up the full version. Fantastic looking too :)

Any thoughts/opinions?

Oh, the demo is ~35MB... so no excuse not to try it at least!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

play it. its feckin class!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

pretty dear!

demo was cute, but plenty of free stuff similar on flash websites :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Short demo but a cute game nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

It's a fiver off on steam for the next day or so if you prepay. Released tomorrow so it's not as if they're making much off you by having you pre-pay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have been watching this indie game for some time so was keen to try out the demo; I knew it would be an old-school point n' click adventure, but high-res graphics aside, this is very much a point n' click straight from the 90s (though possibly without the teeth-grinding pixel hunting of that era). Complete with dropping you right into some tricky puzzles that take a while to figure out, so any modern gamers who need to be led by the hand should stay away.

The graphical style is certainly unique & certainly sells the charm of the game very well. Kudos to the artists who came up with the robots & the world around them. I also love the speech bubbles used to convey the story & puzzles, it works really well.

Might pick it up, though not sure if it's worth 15euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

This game is now available for about €4.70 (until August 12th). If you haven't tried it before now, you should give it a shot!

Shame the reason it's on sale is because they reckon it's so massively pirated. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nevore wrote: »
    Shame the reason it's on sale is because they reckon it's so massively pirated. :(

Yeah, something about 85-90% or so. Thats a lot of "Derp I wanst to trial the game first" "FFS stupid publishers and DRM, I am protesting by pirating" BS excuses :mad:

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah, something about 85-90% or so. Thats a lot of "Derp I wanst to trial the game first" "FFS stupid publishers and DRM, I am protesting by pirating" BS excuses :mad:
    Yeah, way to stick it to the man. Pirate an indy game that was deliberately released without DRM to try and show the rest of the industry that it could be done profitably. :rolleyes: I hate people a lot of the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I must say, it's always a bit disappointing how many people pirate indie games. Whatever arguments there are about pirating games from big developers (not that I agree or anything), not supporting smaller developers who go out of their way to serve their consumers and make a living out of games has far fewer justifications.

I've never tried Machinarium - always wanted to, never got around to it - but at that price definitely going to pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I picked this up at the big xmas Steam sale for very little money. Its a great game and a shame to see so many assholes pirate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Zombie Thread Arise, has anyone bought and played this? Was contemplating picking it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Get it. It's only €2.29 on GOG.com at the moment. Comes with the soundtrack too, still one I listen to from time to time.

I can't believe it's coming up on 5 years since it released :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's a fun little game if you've played point and clicks before. Lovely style to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got this for 2.24 on the PS store,how long does it take to complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Botanicula is good too, plenty of variety, great graphic and audio style and totally unique in general.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished it there,decent little game.

Advertisement