Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Eyed Peas

Options
  • 07-10-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I can't be the only person who thinks the Black Eyed Peas have sold out with there past 2 albums especial this new peice of poo.
    I must say i only really got into them through Elephunk which i think was a great album (except for Where is the love). After that i thought they would be the next Fugees, But this E.N.D is just electro pop sh1te.
    Just wondering if anyone else agrees.

P.S: i haven't heard alot of the E.N.D, just Boom Boom Pow and I Got a Feelin, so please don't shout at me if the rest of the album is decent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

beng128 wrote: »
    I can't be the only person who thinks the Black Eyed Peas have sold out with there past 2 albums especial this new peice of poo.
    I must say i only really got into them through Elephunk which i think was a great album (except for Where is the love). After that i thought they would be the next Fugees, But this E.N.D is just electro pop sh1te.
    Just wondering if anyone else agrees.

P.S: i haven't heard alot of the E.N.D, just Boom Boom Pow and I Got a Feelin, so please don't shout at me if the rest of the album is decent.

Would you not try listening to the other songs on the album before calling it a "piece of poo"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They were never that good in the first place to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The vast majority of people consider Elephunk to be the album where they sold out. BEP pre Fergie were quite different.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

Makaveli wrote: »
    The vast majority of people consider Elephunk to be the album where they sold out. BEP pre Fergie were quite different.

I have there first couple of albums and i keep meaning to listen to them properly.... i think i will tonight actualy

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thier first album is outstanding, second is OK, and after that i stopped listening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Selling out seems to be working for them. Will.I.Am (most annoying name ever) is making a fortune producing for other people. Sure he was working with Michael Jackson on his new album before he snuffed it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Selling out seems to be working for them. Will.I.Am (most annoying name ever) is making a fortune producing for other people. Sure he was working with Michael Jackson on his new album before he snuffed it.

have to admit though, some of his production that he has done has been quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Blacked Eyed Peas pre fergie had some great stuff, think they just wanted to head in a totally different direction ie; make some money!! They are absolute rubbish now.

I think will.i.am could put a decent album together on his own if he ever wanted to get away from the bull**** he is doing now. Some good production for others tho, Looking Fly by Murs is a very nice beat

he's actually had 3 solo albums!

I've heard rumours that the first one is quite good and the others are pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

I just listened to the first 2 albums today, both amazing... Everything about them is briliant, the basslines are so groovy, the DJ/production is perfect the rapping is well above average and the female backing vocals are a great acompanyment (lovin the Macy Gray stuff).
    I used to have Elephunk on the Mp3 player but now its been replace by 2 albums ten times better.

Thanks a million for the recomendations

Oh and the guitar work on those albums is Ace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

In fairness, as pop artists go, i think they are great. They make catchy, radio and club friendly club songs, they have created their own lane, and they are somewhat original compared to most of the other top 40 stuff you hear these days. As far as pop goes, they are streets ahead of most of the other stuff out there, be it souja boy like hip-hop acts or westlife type boy bands.

Was at a club a few weeks back and heard i gotta feeling for the first time properly and couldnt help getting into the song and jumping up and down a bit.

Not generally my cup of tea (give me marco polo and torae any day!) but as a bit of harmless pop fun every now an then, i think there great. everybody needs to shake their ass every now and then, and lets face it, you can't get down and remain "credible" or keep your "artistic integrity" at the same time.

Hip-hop hit the dance floors long before it learned to sell drugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I can't stand them at all. Anything I've heard by them has just been so ****ing irritating and plain awful. Its like they sit a 4 year old down with some crayons and tell him to write the lyrics. Boom Boom Pow? I got a feelin? **** off, if I gave my cock a pen it could have written them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Boom Boom Pow is a shockingly bad tune alright. I quite like dump pop rap but that tune is just ridiculously awful.

Advertisement