Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Guitar Builders in Ireland

Options
  • 03-10-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know of any one that builds guitars for people exactly to thier spesification. I want a new guitar but I cant find anyone that has everything I want so I thought I would try and find someone who would build one for me :D. Anybody know of anyone who might be able to help me out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

I asked the same question recently and Dord came back with this link for me

http://store.guitarfetish.com/index.html

It looks AWESOME but I dunno about the quality, Gona wait till i get paid next and chance a few pieces and let people on boards know what Its like.

Does anyone know the name of the music superstore in Dublin like thomann? I was in Dublin for a few days last week and was itching to get there but didnt know enough info about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

http://jamescustomguitars.com/about_us

Guy is a friend of mine. He is very good. Working with them on the Michael Jackson Show in the Olympia at the moment.

Mention me and he might give you a better deal.

Cheers guys, Ill check them out :)

so anxious on building my own, or having one built! When i get round to it ill be sure to upload pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

You could try Derrick Nelson, he is based in the craft center in Marlay Park in Dublin, highly regarded and will build exactly what you want if you are not in a hurry or a pauper.

• Advertisement

Do you have a site for him? Im in waterford and wont be back in dublin for at least 2 weeks :(

I don't even think Derrick has a mobile phone, I did some work for him (nothing to do with guitars ) and he didn't have an email address. I'll see if I can dig up a phone number and pm you with it.

Found it in an old post here.

23-03-2007, 22:05
    Guitar Repair in Dublin (Marlay Park)
    Danvel Musical Instruments - Derrick Nelson
    01 4942741

There's plenty on this site about him

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭reniwren

Mike Regan is a little closer to home for you
    I myself use Acguitars (i know you said Ireland) Alan is a top bloke cant recommend him enough to be honest
    tried talking to Derrick but could never get a hold of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

There's also this guy based out in Lucan. I used to use him as my guitar tech (I now do most of my own stuff) and he is pretty good.

http://www.hazeguitars.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Pepperni

Advertisement