Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is easier?

Options
  • 03-10-2009 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Was watching the Weber Cup bowling (Europe vs USA) earlier on and some player called Tommy Jones hit a perfect game scoring 300 (12 strikes)! Just wondering which would be easier a 9 dart finish or a perfect game of bowling?

Maybe I'm bored but opinions please if you have not fallen asleep already!;):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i'd say a 9 darter is easier, could you imagine having to hit 11 180's in a row then having to hit a finish:eek::eek::eek::D. it's a good question, every sport had that perfect moment and none of them are easy but if you get it your down in the history books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Just watched the team game, he had 4 shots and hit 4 strikes!:eek: That's 16 in a row!:eek: I'd actually say a 9 darter is harder at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

9 darter would be much harder, if u went to the bowling alley theres a high chance u could hit at least 1 strike were as if u aint a dart player its nearly impossible for u to hit a 180

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

9 Darter is much harder. i go bowling once every year or so for a laugh and I have hit 6 strikes in a row before Bowling is not a very hard game to play, darts is MUCH harder. Anyone can go and throw a few strikes in a row, not anyone can step up to the oche and hit a 180.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

I would say a nine darter is harder.

Bowling as Kingp35 said is not that hard and most people who play for fun every now and then would hit a strike.
    The main reason I would say it is easier is that you can use your adrenalin to get power in your shot to give you the swerve/control on the bowling ball. Adrenalin works against you in darts and it has to be controlled to ensure that you can control the dart and get in to land in a very small target are. Controlling adrenalin is not easy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement