Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urban intelligence

Options
  • 01-10-2009 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Howye lads,

I know its been few months but still cant believe Lunitic passed away (RIP)

And was wondering where the rest of the lads was there ever a track done for him etc ? I been looking on the myspace, bebo & facebook very little.

I would have thought something be done in his memory ?

Anyways was just wondering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There was some talk of a tribute concert. I don't think it went ahead. The whole situation was pretty tragic, and everybody knows he is sorely missed. I think most of the rappers aren't that keen on doing a track about him (or shouting him out over their intros like a yank rapper) because it wouldn't do him justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

as far as im concerned nobody bar the ones really closest to him aka moschops or 4real can really do such a song, im sure they at least have material wrote, but weather anything comes of that is a different ball game

its still hard to beleive being honest

They're having a bit of a tribute for him in Vicar Street on the 20th of October. Details:
    he Hip-Nos show is back and if ya aint seen it yet you wont want to miss this one
    there are new acts on the show now, 4 Real, Costello, Ophilea, Black Noise (from South Africa), Bon he is a world B Boy champ.

there will be a huge Tribu to Dan AKA Lunitic on the night

I was just at a meeting with them all

and the show is going to be bigger than anything ever put on in irish hip-hop

me g.i, costello and 4 real were spitting raps and getting the feel of the show and honestly its going to be unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

They're having a bit of a tribute for him in Vicar Street on the 20th of October. Details:

Tickets or pay at the door?
    Any links to info?

• Advertisement

Saw that earlier.

I shall be in attendance:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lord Jules

I cant believe Lunatic is dead. Say what you want about Irish hiphop eg accents, lyrical content etc..This lad had talent, anybody who has the self titled LP released in 03 could see that. I always thought he carried 4real on their tracks and would have been better off going solo. A real talent and a terrible tragedy. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

How did he die? I bought the ep when it came out (still have it) but I haven't kept up with them. May he rest in peace.

How did he die? I bought the ep when it came out (still have it) but I haven't kept up with them. May he rest in peace.

He had heart problems.

Was at the Hip-nos tribute gig. Good night. Fair play to everyone who performed.

Advertisement