Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishop Lamont

Options
  • 30-09-2009 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Haven't heard him mentioned around these parts, anyone follow him? I don't listen to mainstream-like Hip-Hop but Lamont is decent, he is still under the radar somewhat but a great prospect in an otherwise decaying genre.

He's associated to Dr Dre, the beats are fresh enough.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

fixed those links for ya.......only put in the code after the v= in URL in the youtube tags.

Oh yeah, not a big fan of Bishop Lamont from what i have heard so far, he's OK i guess but i wouldnt be going out to buy his records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Thanks for the heads-up on the YouTube links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

i think hes good but i know dr dre isnt gonna let him put out his own album until detox out, i read in an interview that he's using detox as a platform for bishop lamont,

detox has been 10 years in the making and is due nevuary 2017 so im not expecting much soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

How can hip-hop be dead when wu-tang are forever?

Seriously though dude, hip-hop ain't dead or decaying, far from it. If bishop lamont is your idea of fresh, then maybe you just havn't looked any further than mtv/spin 1038/thisis50.com for something new.

So much dopeness has dropped in the last three months that it (i thought) it was impossible to miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Bishops been around a long time now, affiliated wit the good doctor early on too, check out his 2008 mixtape "The Confessional" impressive guest stars and some serious stuff on there, that is if your interested in getting behind him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

He's OK but nothing special. I think he's an attention whore though, especially when considering he blatantly dissed Snoop Dogg and The Game on one of his tracks last year, even though he's in the exact same position they were, starting their career off with Dr. Dre. AFAIK he's good with Game now but you would think he would have shown some respect, especially to Snoop.

If he released his album today it would flop so I can understand why Dre wants to wait until after Detox when there's more hype around him.

I remember hearing that his first album was finished last year and they were starting work on his second album which was to be produced entirely by Dr. Dre and Scott Storch. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

Advertisement