Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will Barney get on next week at the World Grand Prix?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Barney returns to the oche next week at the World Grand Prix, how do you expect him to play? I think the break will of done him well but I doubt if we'll see him playing at his best again!:(

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well hopefully he has managed to sort his head out during the break he has had. His confidence was totally shot and he was a beaten man before he got onto the oche. Would be great to see an on form barney back challenging Taylor again.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

I hope for his own sake he's got it together. He cost me a few bob against Taylor when he seemed to have some kind of fecking breakdown, lets hope he's had a full service and had the plugs and points and oil changed since frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

He'll be ok(so amazing by his recent standards) and it'll all go tits up when he comes as against a gritty opponent(eg King,Painter) and he'll loose the bap again IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Barney who? Sorry, but he's a spent force! I met him and thought he was a gent, but nobody should get up to the oche against anyone and think anything other than I'm gonna win this, and Barney's head is gone.

He'll never get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

He did an exhibition in recent times in Balbriggan and he did no showmanship, no exhibition stuff, he played off 701 with the rest of us on 701 too and he went for the treble 20 the entire time, he still got beaten 4 or 5 times, and the only leg he played well in was against Jacko, who with Barney on 160, hits a 180 to leave tops, barney takes out 160. on top of that he didnt interact really at all, stayed in a side room where it was 20 euro to get a photo done with barney

If he cant beat the common folk, how will be beat a King or Taylor or Wade

In Comparison, Terry Jenkins came to Balbriggan, played out of his skin, played a couple of legs where he could only count bulls as scores everything else was worth 0. He played legs where only doubles would count as scores (he was allowed to round off to 500) just thoroughly entertaining stuff.

Even i remember Bristow would do exhibitions from his knee's or standing on a chair, thats the kind of exhibition thats gone out the window when you have no confidence in your own ability

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jaysus that doesn't sound good at all. I remember posting up here a few months ago that i thought Barney's career might be coming to an end. He seemed to have fallen out of love with the game, his head was all over the place and it looked like it was torturing to be up on that stage. I'm still hoping that he somehow managed to sort his head over the break but I wouldn't be too confident of that. If he has a bad Grand Prix, Grand Slam and Worlds it could be the end of Barney.

Advertisement