Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might get meself a darts stand for work!

Options
  • 28-09-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I'm seriously thinking about getting meself one of these for work;

http://www.a180.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=542

It would be great to get in that extra practise and they are on special offer at the moment!:) Has anybody ever used this stand before? Are they any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yep we have one in our job.....they are great.....would defo recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

yeah...have one myself....its a great bit of kit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jaysus might get one of these myself for the job, keep it locked up then lash it up at lunch time to practice on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

The only bad thing is the P&P could cost a bomb!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Does 501darts not do them?

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Does 501darts not do them?

That's where I went first and I could not find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Hope none of you people are doctors haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

im sure 501 will be on and can comment on weather he has them or not

if he has them and their a reasonable price, i can see people buying them

I dont have them...couldnt compete with that price to be honest

501darts wrote: »
    I dont have them...couldnt compete with that price to be honest

Cheers for the honesty, maybe if you bought a heap of them the supplier might bring down the cost! If you get them in soon put me down for one!

• Advertisement

A180darts.co.uk is selling then for £7 dearer than i can get them direct from unicorn:eek::eek:....by the time I get them to my store and then charge further delivery to the customer we both lose.:(

501darts wrote: »
    A180darts.co.uk is selling then for £7 dearer than i can get them direct from unicorn:eek::eek:....by the time I get them to my store and then charge further delivery to the customer we both lose.:(

Ah that's a pity as I'd like to buy from an Irish site, only thing that is stopping me from buying the stand on the other site is the cost of the P&P would probably cost quiet a lot of my hard earned money!;):D I think I might splash out on it though for me birthday at the end of October!:) Hope their special offer is still going!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Handy item but I don't like the look of the spidery legs under it eek.gif

i ordered one

arrived this morning in work

will test it when i get home, its going to be my solution to practicing in a cold shed in the winter, might save me from getting a few colds over the winter period and help me practice more

Took me over an hour to setup initially due to poor instructions, what holds the board into the cabinet looks flimsy but I trust unicorn has tested that extensively, seemed odd to use plastic to hold a heavy board on, otherwise it looks good, will take about 2 mins to setup now the board is sorted, packs away grand, the cabinet is also a carry box for easy movement and the stand bag is spacious

Got a couple of chances to use it, its actually quite good, i set it up now in 3 or 4 mins, just takes some time to undo the wing nuts

its otherwise very good, i setup anywhere and start throwing

Got a couple of chances to use it, its actually quite good, i set it up now in 3 or 4 mins, just takes some time to undo the wing nuts

its otherwise very good, i setup anywhere and start throwing
    Is it shaky on those legs ??

well its a dartboard hanging on a pole, so physics would dictate that high on a pole wouldnt be entirely secure from a wobble or 2

but once its up, and the board is on, just throwing darts at it, seems very stable to me

well its a dartboard hanging on a pole, so physics would dictate that high on a pole wouldnt be entirely secure from a wobble or 2
    Isaac Newton would be proud of you

Not really, i failed physics in the leaving cert

• Advertisement
Advertisement