Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE" Late Night stars of poker - Sunday night.

Options
17891113

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72


    no ace from space on the river......I'm so disappointed


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Rattled77


    slowrollin pirat ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob


    rafter guy is every reason i dont like playing live that much.. slow rolling.. hollywooding with 72 utg.. snide remarks to other players.. not to mention the redic goggles he was wearing.. and it wasnt like he was good or anything


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM


    I'm delighted the old timer won now... Rafter acted like he had a divine right to win. He's sickened!! Haha.. Big Cass next week, full of hot air.. :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Rattled77


    if everyone was perfect it would be a boring world!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED


    Liamo the legend breaks another mans spirit :D is there betting on this anywhere ?

    most entertaining one so far , the commentator has improved also.

    go easy on the rafter guy though, he clearly desparately wanted to get through which made it good telly, toss of a coin for the FT.

    gotta luv the karioke


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Rattled77


    have to agree, that was pretty entertaining!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford


    You'll get no luck for slowrolling.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic


    YULETIRED wrote: »
    Liamo the legend breaks another mans spirit :D is there betting on this anywhere ?

    who would you like to back, I'll lay you 33/1 Liam to win the final if you want


  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72


    cuterob wrote: »
    rafter guy is every reason i dont like playing live that much.. slow rolling.. hollywooding with 72 utg.. snide remarks to other players.. not to mention the redic goggles he was wearing.. and it wasnt like he was good or anything

    Yeah, at the start he walks towards a pub with a thatched roof saying he plays a €30 freezeout every week socially.

    And I know I played him somewhere before. Then it came to me, JP masters ME, he was the mouthiest guy at the table. Which included Phil Baker I might add(no offense Phil, lol).

    He was calling floor every 5 minutes, and giving a player grief for about 2 hours because the dealer threw over the flop before giving said player in BB the option to act. And player called for a ruling. (I thought he was entitled to).


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED


    nicnicnic wrote: »
    who would you like to back, I'll lay you 33/1 Liam to win the final if you want

    Am I betting with no cards ? This yoke could be over already for all I know, but if not I'll take 33 to 1 to a ton.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob


    gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Yeah, at the start he walks towards a pub with a thatched roof saying he plays a €30 freezeout every week socially.

    And I know I played him somewhere before. Then it came to me, JP masters ME, he was the mouthiest guy at the table. Which included Phil Baker I might add(no offense Phil, lol).

    He was calling floor every 5 minutes, and giving a player grief for about 2 hours because the dealer threw over the flop before giving said player in BB the option to act. And player called for a ruling. (I thought he was entitled to).

    he just seems like a generally miserable ba$tard


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic


    YULETIRED wrote: »
    Am I betting with no cards ? .

    yep


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED


    nicnicnic wrote: »
    yep

    Music and Lyrics by Nicky Power



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CRK88


    Jasus if this is the way Irish poker is portrayed then i don't know. I watched 1 episode last night. For starters the guy presenting it tilted the bejesus out of me. I actually won't watch another episode again because of him.

    It was also very boring. Players didn't talk or anything and all together it seemed a very boring and uncomfortable time. The only highlight was the odd bits and pieces of commentary from Padraig.

    Watching pro's and well known players in such things as the pokermillion etc is bad enough but watching mostly nobody's play one of the most boring games (to watch) in the world without any atmosphere is terrible.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator


    YULETIRED wrote: »
    Am I betting with no cards ? This yoke could be over already for all I know, but if not I'll take 33 to 1 to a ton.

    Dont do it Willie. I ll give ya better odds on Roy the boy if ya like. Or Maybe Jim Rock. 40/1 Roy the boy 66/1 Jim Rock..


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED


    Jayminator wrote: »
    Dont do it Willie. I ll give ya better odds on Roy the boy if ya like. Or Maybe Jim Rock. 40/1 Roy the boy 66/1 Jim Rock..

    Can I do a double witth Whyno get an infraction or a warning for going mad on someone before the end of the week. I think he is on the edge.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog


    cuterob wrote: »
    rafter guy is every reason i dont like playing live that much.. slow rolling.. hollywooding with 72 utg.. snide remarks to other players.. not to mention the redic goggles he was wearing.. and it wasnt like he was good or anything

    QFT! He was playing pretty poorly from the
    looks of things and trippled up with AQ
    against AK and Q3 and then has the audacity
    To moan about a few beats and needle flood over a standard call heads up!


  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204


    Have to agree to the general consensus; that Rafter guy is an attention seeking irritation.


    :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee


    Is Tony Raferty or Stephen Maher a boardsie by any chance?

    The Q3 hand from Mossy Quinn was a funny one. He played well up until that brainfart.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades


    going to give this a watch,here's a link if anyone wants to see it

    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1059041


  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204


    Lolz the running 10 10.........

    :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204


    Lolz the flopped nuts..... Twice....

    :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno


    YULETIRED wrote: »
    Can I do a double witth Whyno get an infraction or a warning for going mad on someone before the end of the week. I think he is on the edge.

    Are you startin :mad::D


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw


    I've played with Rafter a few times and never had any problems with him, and find him a nice bloke to talk to. He is volatile and lets things get to him easy and you could actually see him boiling up inside during the headsup battle.

    He's been in the spotlight before, infamously stitching Fintan Gavin a loaf (lucky bstard ;))

    I didnt mind his play with AQ when he sucked out, and i'd be a little aggrieved with J10 and 109 plays myself but all you can do is take it on the chin, and maybe watch this back and she how he comes across when he's trying to tone it down


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic


    Flushdraw wrote: »
    I've played with Rafter a few times and never had any problems with him, and find him a nice bloke to talk to. He is volatile and lets things get to him easy and you could actually see him boiling up inside during the headsup battle.

    He's been in the spotlight before, infamously stitching Fintan Gavin a loaf (lucky bstard ;))

    I didnt mind his play with AQ when he sucked out, and i'd be a little aggrieved with J10 and 109 plays myself but all you can do is take it on the chin, and maybe watch this back and she how he comes across when he's trying to tone it down

    Details???


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw


    FeetMagic wrote: »
    Details???

    You'll find it in this thread
    pirat1 wrote: »
    hi ,well i guess i should give my sìde of events on friday night,
    first of all things happened which should not have happened ,but when u pay 440 euro into an event u dont expect to be treated the way i was on friday.the verbal abuse i took was uncalled for thats for sure.
    A rulling was made at the table . and i accepted the rulling as final , but i still said it was wrong which i stand by!
    then the name calling and abuse started .i was shouted at and called names for about 5 minutes until things got out of hand. sorry cant say to more on the subject.
    but what i can say is its not the first time i have been treated badly by this individual. as u all know a p---r events tournament never passes without this guy asking someone outside for a fight so eventually this was going to happen.....:cool:


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph


    back in the Solksjaer days....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ubs


    Great line up and a colourfull episode, The sight of Rafter, hollywooding with the shades. In his mind , playing intense poker , compared to Liam with not a care in the world tonking them in with any 2,:) still brings a smile to my face


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim


    remember a very quiet guy one night getting up and walking the length of the table to lump him one.


Advertisement