Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just upgraded to NTL/UPC Digital, now I've no analogue channels

Options
  • 20-09-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

I originally had broadband and analogue tv with NTL/UPC.

Yesterday the technician installed DVR Digital (where you can record, pause store recorded tv etc).

But now since then I've no analogue channels on the tv? It has a RF In point, but no RF Out point to connect to the tv.

So because of this, now I've no teletext. And I NEED teletext for news and football scores etc.

Have I anyway to get it back?

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

there's a text button on the UPC remote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

An Tarbh wrote: »
    there's a text button on the UPC remote
    Cheers, ya I know that. But half the text isn't there. And the bit of text that is there is very hard to read (blurred together etc). But rest of signal is fine

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You can split the coax cable before it goes to the digital box. Therefore you have one cable going to the TV and the other going to the digital box.

bk wrote: »
    You can split the coax cable before it goes to the digital box. Therefore you have one cable going to the TV and the other going to the digital box.

Cheers, but will that not damage the signal? Is it safe enough to split into 2 to get both analogue and digital?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Col200sx wrote: »
    Cheers, but will that not damage the signal? Is it safe enough to split into 2 to get both analogue and digital?

Yes, it should be fine, it is frequently done. You might only run into problems if the signal is very weak, but that is unlikely and you can always take the spitter back off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

I thought it was standard practice for the installer to include a splitter to allow continued viewing of analogue. Obviously this has changed, unless the installer just didn't bother?

Yes, it should be fine, it is frequently done. You might only run into problems if the signal is very weak, but that is unlikely and you can always take the spitter back off.

Ah cool so. Ya signal is strong already.

Do you mean I need one of these:

http://www.connevans.co.uk/store/images/jcoaxybecb.gif
    bazzer wrote: »
    I thought it was standard practice for the installer to include a splitter to allow continued viewing of analogue. Obviously this has changed, unless the installer just didn't bother?

No he didn't bother. He was in a bit of a rush really to get out of there!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

Hi, I just want to be sure. I'm currently have Digital+ and multiroom. I'm going to be upgrading to HD+ and getting rid of the multiroom.

Will I be able to get the analogue channels in the room that previously had the multiroom box?

Also if this is possible can I use the existing splitter from the multiroom and can I just use the cable that went to the multiroom box?

Thanks.

NU8 wrote: »
    Hi, I just want to be sure. I'm currently have Digital+ and multiroom. I'm going to be upgrading to HD+ and getting rid of the multiroom.

Will I be able to get the analogue channels in the room that previously had the multiroom box?

Also if this is possible can I use the existing splitter from the multiroom and can I just use the cable that went to the multiroom box?

Thanks.

Yes, but the installer might disconnect the analogue cable, just ask him to leave it alone. BTW that is assuming you are not in Cork where there is no analogue service.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

Yes, but the installer might disconnect the analogue cable, just ask him to leave it alone. BTW that is assuming you are not in Cork where there is no analogue service.

I'm in Dublin. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement