Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maintenance Grant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Got my grant today, the reception didn't have it last week, so if yours wasn't in then try now.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I went and asked at reception today after seeing the notice but apparently it wont be in the bank accounts until friday. Enjoy a few nights on the beer for me lol

Finally got my grant I can relax a bit now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Iam the same,thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

:(:( Still no grant or Back To Education. Not a word from any of them.
    Will be ringing on Monday and seeing what is going on with both of them

• Advertisement

Cant believe some of you still have had no word thats unreal how do they expect people to survive i think you need to go down to the VEC in person to get any way forward I had to go down a few times.

I got 3 months payment does that mean i wont get the december payment i notice it is supposed to be paid into the bank on christmas day according to the bank surely that isnt right. I had so much debt my grant this time is more or less gone on bills

They say the exact same things to you in person as they do on the phone.

Funny thing is....a lad in my class has only got his grant now and he applied at the start!!!
    They are suppose to be into the August pile now but he had his all sorted in June. They must have missed his file.

Otherwise they are lying and not bloody sorting them in order.

I've no idea what kind of a grant I'm even going to get.
    I took out an Ulster bank overdraft which has helped....but only helped pay off certain debts. There is plenty more piling up.

Really am loving college this time around, but at the moment it's looking like it's not worth it. I'm stubborn though!!! I'll bloody go and find out about student loans now this week and see how that goes.

They are no way sorting them by order they went in to them i know a few girls in my class had their payment in October and they only had the forms in on the August closing date I had mines in July everything included and just after getting my payment. But it just depends on the mood of them in the office that day i went in she took my form into another girl and she gave me a letter there and then didnt even take long for them to do that ten minutes its obvious the week they had off hasn't helped with the backlog. As for the back to education whats the delay there you still get your payment though?? But you didnt get the 500 book allowance?

I probably mention this before can't remember but anyway...

I was told by a Job Facillitator(spelling:confused:) that I would not qualify for Back To Education as I was only unemployed for 3 and half months before college started.
    Found out a classmate got it and he was only unemployed for 4 and half months. So I wrote a letter, gave in forms with all relevant documentation. That was about 5 weeks ago.

Maybe they didn't like the tone of my letter!! I'll ring them and find out anyway.
    My friend had his BTE backdated from the start. So if I do get it, I'm going to make damn sure mine is backdated as well!!

Not sure if he got the €500 book allowance, must ask him tomorrow.
    Hmmmm....maybe they did give him the book allowance and only a week or twos payment....

Time to get out the magnifying glass and go investigating :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I probably mention this before can't remember but anyway...

I was told by a Job Facillitator(spelling:confused:) that I would not qualify for Back To Education as I was only unemployed for 3 and half months before college started.
    Found out a classmate got it and he was only unemployed for 4 and half months. So I wrote a letter, gave in forms with all relevant documentation. That was about 5 weeks ago.

Maybe they didn't like the tone of my letter!! I'll ring them and find out anyway.
    My friend had his BTE backdated from the start. So if I do get it, I'm going to make damn sure mine is backdated as well!!

Not sure if he got the €500 book allowance, must ask him tomorrow.
    Hmmmm....maybe they did give him the book allowance and only a week or twos payment....

Time to get out the magnifying glass and go investigating :cool:

he got the 500 last week or week before toni!

• Advertisement

GismoBaby wrote: »
    he got the 500 last week or week before toni!

Excellent!!

Well only excellent if I get it :(

Check yer PM in a minute;)

loca1 wrote: »

I got 3 months payment does that mean i wont get the december payment i notice it is supposed to be paid into the bank on christmas day according to the bank surely that isnt right. I had so much debt my grant this time is more or less gone on bills

why would you not get the december 1? 3 months is sept, oct, nov! course you'll get it in december! my grant has been approved since i registered so the first payment was the 2nd or 3rd oct or something like that. the second one was 28th oct so got 2 that month cos the first one was meant to be for sept and nov was 28th aswell. they must be pushing the pay date back since the college will be closed for xmas. im sure if they say itll be there that it will give or take a day or two! i have faith!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 OzzyNev

Mine has been accepted on the 3rd of december, will i get the first and second installments in december? or will i lose the first payment?
    Also, do you get the tuition fees refunded and the grant separate or does the tuition fee come out of your total grant?

Cheers

You get the whole lot paid back to you aswell as the registration fee if you have paid it already.

Not sure about the tution fee thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

OzzyNev wrote: »
    Mine has been accepted on the 3rd of december, will i get the first and second installments in december? or will i lose the first payment?
    Also, do you get the tuition fees refunded and the grant separate or does the tuition fee come out of your total grant?

Cheers

you need to contact the college regarding the tuition fee/registation fee being refunded.
    they will give you the best advice on getting this back asap.

which your more than entitled to.

No Back To Education for me.
    VEC will be closed all this week. So I can't go in and put more pressure on them especially now.
    Just got letter from college saying they will disable my computer account,use of library etc etc if I don't pay the 1,500.

Had everything in the VEC for the 30th August apart from the college acceptance letter, which I didn't give in(because I didn't get it) until the 2nd September.

I'd say they have classed me as a September person as a result of this. They won't be processing any of September until well after Xmas. That's according to the Donegal News(Derry people to those of you that still call it that!). Says there is few hundred...or else 250 September applications.

Knowing my luck mine is the one at the bottom of that pile!!

didnt get back to ed either toni so! but theya ctaully wrote me a kinda nice letter! thought that was wild odd!! it wasnt yer run of the mill photocopied yoke!

Nope I won't be getting a letter from them that's for sure. With his attitude.
    Going to the banks tomorrow with the Mother to see what story is with student loans.
    Think I'll try and get enough money to cover all debts and then have my main debt in only one big lump.
    Instead of bit here and bit there to pay off etc

do an eddie hobbs on it!!! good woman

Just got the letter today (feicing postman was severely late ggggrrr)

Woooooo!

Such a relief. I'd say more letters will be sent out next week.
    I was late with mine the very last day of the deadline so hopefully others like me will be getting word.
    :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Just got the letter today (feicing postman was severely late ggggrrr)

Woooooo!

Such a relief. I'd say more letters will be sent out next week.
    I was late with mine the very last day of the deadline so hopefully others like me will be getting word.
    :D:D:D:D

congrats! i got my final acceptance letter friday morning. gave it all in to the college, so im finally going to get the grant!

however, the receptionist told me its probably not going to get paid until after xmas :(

congrats! i got my final acceptance letter friday morning. gave it all in to the college, so im finally going to get the grant!

however, the receptionist told me its probably not going to get paid until after xmas :(

Oh poo poo!

That probably means I shouldn't have spent that money tonight then so :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm getting it stamped on monday and putting it straight up to college or whatever is needing done.

Oh poo poo!

That probably means I shouldn't have spent that money tonight then so :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm getting it stamped on monday and putting it straight up to college or whatever is needing done.

If ya have the letter that means you will have the money next payment. I the letter and when I went up to the VEC I was told I was getting paid the next day anyway!

Roll on tomorrow morning and I'll find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Emailed on Friday -

Just a reminder that if you have been approved for a TLT Grant you must submit bank details to the admissions office in order to get paid if you have not already done so. I will put a notice up on relevant notice boards of people who need to submit bank details please check department notice boards. Details must be in by 11am on Tuesday 15th December. Any details submitted after this date will have to wait until the January Grant payment. Bank details forms can be obtained at the main reception of the college.

Thanks Ann Marie.

Ann Marie Kelly
    Grants Officer
    Letterkenny IT

Phone 074 91 86122
    Fax 074 91 86101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

irlpic wrote: »
    Emailed on Friday -

Just a reminder that if you have been approved for a TLT Grant you must submit bank details to the admissions office in order to get paid if you have not already done so. I will put a notice up on relevant notice boards of people who need to submit bank details please check department notice boards. Details must be in by 11am on Tuesday 15th December. Any details submitted after this date will have to wait until the January Grant payment. Bank details forms can be obtained at the main reception of the college.

Thanks Ann Marie.

Ann Marie Kelly
    Grants Officer
    Letterkenny IT

Phone 074 91 86122
    Fax 074 91 86101
    Thanks for posting that Ann Marie :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Send em off ref:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 OzzyNev

Hey,

ok so ive got my acceptance letter, got the form stamped and sent it back, now what?
    The lady in the accounts office said to keep an eye on the notice board (In DIT Bolton street btw), but its been 2 weeks and still no sign, will it be after Christmas before I get anything? Also how will the backpayments work?

Thanks!
    Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

The college is open till wednesday, try ringing them and seeing if its in.

Edit: Duuur, forget it.

• Advertisement

after a long long battle with the vec office, my grant has been paid!

big cheers to the college staff who made it happen before christmas!

also got my registration fee refunded on on friday just gone :D

Advertisement