Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any gigs on the horizon in Ireland

Options
  • 18-09-2009 11:55am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, any gigs coming up? The only ones I am aware of is MJEX with support from the Infomatics and the Rza in October.
    It looks like Ireland is being bypassed these days by some acts, Brother Ali, BK One, Atmosphere, POS have all had European Tours recently but neglected us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Hip hop gigs have been in very short supply this year, i think that Ireland is definately being purposefully bypassed by artists now. Was going to head to London for Bro Ali (no more time off work tho :mad:). Mate went and said was good but 70% was new material.

The last couple of years have seen a number of very good hip hop gigs in Ireland, maybe with the recession it just isn't worth their while anymore stopping off here? I imagine it's prob more expensive to stage a gig here than elsewhere in Europe (anyone know?).

Heading to DJ Yoda on 2nd Oct think he'd fall under this bracket. It's his new video tour so should be well worth checking out

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Speech Debelle in playing in the Ambassador on Oct 3rd, i reckon i'll be heading along

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Speech Debelle in playing in the Ambassador on Oct 3rd, i reckon i'll be heading along

i'm on the guest list for this but wont be able to make it.

anyone want to take this off my hands.......it's a +1 as well so you can bring a friend along.

PM me if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There's an Irish Hip Hop gig on in Cru Clothing on Abbey Street at 5pm before the Speech Debelle gig as well. Rob Kelly, Nugget, Class A'z and a few other heads performing. It's free and you can bring your own drink.

I think Maverick Sabre and The Infomatics are playing support at the Speech Debelle gig as well.

Anyone go to Speech Debelle? Any use?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It must have been on quite early because I arrived a little late (about half 11) and all three acts had been on already. Sorry I missed The Infomatics and Maverick Sabre as well. There were some twats of bouncers on the door and they wouldn't let my friend in till he 'sobered up' so we had to go somewhere else for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

Coming up

l_fc2084175bbe4bb59b1b9239bcdf354c.jpg

Advertisement