Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when dose your league start?

Options
  • 17-09-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

It's that time of year again when dart leagues up and down the country start again, ours starts on the 25/26th Sept http://southwestdarts.leaguerepublic.com what about the rest of ye??

I play for the Bridge Bar we are playing a challange match (more of a lads night out boozing!!) in Charlestown this Saturday evening it is a night out with last seasons kitty and prize money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

The North Westmeath Dart League starts on Oct 2nd.
    I play for Gaffneys in Delvin....big task on our hands to retain our title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

The Cork City and District Darts League, organised by the Cork Darts Players' Association, will kick-off on Monday night, September 28th.

Registration forms and entry fees must be handed into Ardmanning House on Monday night, September 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Ours should be starting soon but no word yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

the dun laoghaire borough league will be starting about the second or third monday in october.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Ours started back tonight, Colmchiles (holder of all 6 of the titles available in the rushtown darts league) had a rusty 3-3 draw against The Strand Bar

After our clean sweep last year a lot of teams have reshuffled with county players and pro players moving around to form stronger teams, i know Mick Mcgowan and Keith Rooney will be on the same team this year, Liam Redden and Anto Caldwell and Dudger Byrne are on another team, and the strand tonight put up some quality darts its shaping up for a tasty season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

6th of October. Pre-season almost up, my record played 8 singles and lost them all still confident I'll/we'll be ready when season starts, lol. Unbeaten in the doubles though.
    Only two team capable of winning it and thats last years 2 finalists but we should make the last 4 or 8. 32 teams this year which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

The first league in several years starts here in Dundalk on October the 8th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

The first league in several years starts here in Dundalk on October the 8th

I think it starts tonight mate , im playing in it and we have a match against The stags Head(A)

Apologies mate i have just been informed that our league does start on the 8th as you said and that the next 2 weeks are friendly matches

Handy for ya daffster, its always nice to have a local league

Handy for ya daffster, its always nice to have a local league
    Tell me about it mate , its long overdue and a few of us have put some serious hard work into getting this off the ground.
    We have gone from only having a couple of fellas out throwing for the fun of it to 150 lads playing challenge matches and signing up for the new league. And all of this has happened over the last 5 weeks

• Advertisement

nicely done! takes some organisation, and there'll be disagreements along the way, but the thing to remember is its only meant to be for fun and the love of darts

Round 2 of matches tonight in our league, we need a win because reigning champs starting with a draw doesnt seem convincing

nicely done! takes some organisation, and there'll be disagreements along the way, but the thing to remember is its only meant to be for fun and the love of darts

Round 2 of matches tonight in our league, we need a win because reigning champs starting with a draw doesnt seem convincing

Ah sure they will all just have to get along ha ha
    Best of luck tonight mate hope it goes well for ya.

We won our challenge 5-1 last nite , i was on first and won 2-0(happy with that) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Darts start is east galway next Friday night 2nd of Oct...

just found out they launched a darts website for our league

www.rushdartleague.com

Competition in Colmchilles tomorrow that i had no idea about, excellent

Not this year

a lot of players re-aligned themselves among the pubs out there to create sort of super teams. so there's a lot of top teams now with very very strong teams, now we brought in another top player this year, and hopefully myself and dylan will be stronger than last year

but The Strand Bar visited on opening night and we played one of our strongest teams (minus jacko who couldnt be there) and the darts the strand threw was unbelievable, year on year improvement was scary

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Daffy501 wrote: »
    I think it starts tonight mate , im playing in it and we have a match against The stags Head(A)

Apologies mate i have just been informed that our league does start on the 8th as you said and that the next 2 weeks are friendly matches

no worries,
    I unfortunately work on Thursday nights so I wont be playing:mad: but I intend heading to where my friend is throwing on my tea break.

Advertisement