Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hey Freshers . introduce yourselves

• 15-09-2009 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hey All.

Finally got the LYIT Forum up and running. You can use this thread as a way of introducing yourself and maybe getting to know some people in your year or even classes that you didnt know used boards.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hey everyone im a first year studying computer forensics.
    living down in ballyraine halls. great place to meet people and there's always something going on down here so feel free to wander down and have a drink with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

living down in ballyraine halls. great place to meet people and there's always something going on down here so feel free to wander down and have a drink with us.

Ah good man Royal,i might take you up on your offer - grab a few cans and have a mad hexadecimal party and talk a bit of Java man:P

irlpic wrote: »
    Ah good man Royal,i might take you up on your offer - grab a few cans and have a mad hexadecimal party and talk a bit of Java man:P

lol nice one. my head is spinnin with java and them frikkin equation's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

lol nice one. my head is spinnin with java and them frikkin equation's.
    Up for a game of "against the post"?? hahahahahaha

Up for a game of "against the post"?? hahahahahaha

always up for a game dude! you know me! :p

but i think with the changing weather around here, it wont be happening too often.

• Advertisement

always up for a game dude! you know me! :p

but i think with the changing weather around here, it wont be happening too often.
    Did they give you a new uniform for your new law enforcement job then? haha....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Hi everyone, not exactly a fresher, but I'll introduce myself anyway:

3rd year in Applied Computing, living in Buncrana so bussing it each day. If yous want some help with 1st year computing stuff send me a PM and I'll see what I can remember :P

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Hey everyone :D

I ain't a fresher myself, am in 3rd year studying business with marketing stream this year.
    I still have notes from 1st and 2nd year so anyone who want a copy of them are more than welcome to pm me for them!

Advice to 1st year business students

Stay on good side of P.T and go to all his lectures-you'll be glad u did by when exams come!!
    Can't say his name in case I get in trouble lol

Cheers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chloeh

Hey :)
    First year in Computer Games Development ^^ Living in Ballyraine as well.
    Let me know if anything is going on down here lol :):D
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Wee first year in Com.Security+Forensics
    Was told by a mate few years ago that this was a funky site. Not living in town this year being sensible and gonna actually really try and pass first year this time :)
    Not sure on all this no posting threads and such craic???
    Anyway Pulse Thursday night-My first night of alcoholic drinking since |I started college yay!!

Oh and I hear ballyraine is non-stop party central :D

• Advertisement

Actually I need to clean me glasses and read the feicing screen properly it does say I can post threads now >.< silly me!

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Wee first year in Com.Security+Forensics
    Was told by a mate few years ago that this was a funky site. Not living in town this year being sensible and gonna actually really try and pass first year this time :)
    Not sure on all this no posting threads and such craic???
    Anyway Pulse Thursday night-My first night of alcoholic drinking since |I started college yay!!

Oh and I hear ballyraine is non-stop party central :D

welcome to the lyit forum! and ballyraine is great on a thursday night. im glad we didnt end up like some other estate that seems to have flashing blue lights on a regular basis.
    Chloeh wrote: »
    Hey :)
    First year in Computer Games Development ^^ Living in Ballyraine as well.
    Let me know if anything is going on down here lol :):D

hey chloe! one of my friends is in ur class! :) ballyraine is great isnt it!
    XDivaX wrote: »
    Hey everyone :D

I ain't a fresher myself, am in 3rd year studying business with marketing stream this year.
    I still have notes from 1st and 2nd year so anyone who want a copy of them are more than welcome to pm me for them!

Advice to 1st year business students

Stay on good side of P.T and go to all his lectures-you'll be glad u did by when exams come!!
    Can't say his name in case I get in trouble lol

Cheers :cool:

yeah please dont mention lecture names here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Hey guys! First year Computer Security Digital forensics....must venture down ballyraine some night alright, sounds messy!! Pulse 2mrw nite ya!!! :D

Ahh crap ye's will all be dressed up for the Pulse and I'll be all normal!!! Get me good quality whiskey when ye are up north ;) ooops look at the time...better head to communications :O

Ahh crap ye's will all be dressed up for the Pulse and I'll be all normal!!! Get me good quality whiskey when ye are up north ;) ooops look at the time...better head to communications :O

dont worry, im probably gonna head out myself, but ive got no costume either.

Ah I've had a few scotchs now so I'm not minding the fact I don't have a costume :cool: Wooo :D
    Look out for a lad called steven in a gorilla suit and..... if ya happen to see a short lad dressed up as a Nazi.....don't beat him up....or any of the others with the Nazi symbol on them!!! They are nice people!!:p Really I do mean that! Hope everyone has a good night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

2nd year games student :<

I will be your beer expert this evening -> Karpackie is a great, cheap, pure beer \o/

Now ToniTuddle didnt you have a good nite...only the best (cheapest) whiskey for my friends!!! hehe!!! God i was soooooo plastered:D

Ah now Gismo yer a BAD influence on me. Here I am trying to be a sensible and MATURE student and yer getting me drunk:p
    Was a great night. Sure didn't I tell ye the Pulse is mighty when yer out with good mates like myself:D We will have to land down to ballraine halls the next time we heading out.

Though in all fairness Court Manor is handy for walking!
    When the grant comes through we will treat ourselves to venturing a bit further :D Now I'm away to bed all this dog-sitting and house-sitting is tiring!
    Study yer sets and subsets ;)

Hey hey now i only bought the bottle never made ya drink it!! haha!!!!!! awh was good ole night alright! i didnt notice anyone dressed up until i sobered up near the end of the nite...when everyone was leaving!
    it was funny looking at the camera the next morning! how much posing did we do for you!!! i also have lots of black pictures,,, wonder what i was aiming at there!!
    didnt anyone ever tell ya holidays were for getting drunk!!! not studying!! hehe!! Go FOSTERS!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Advertisement

Wait a minute.......

memory.....

fuzzyyyy....

Camera...in yer boot!!!! I remember that. I don't remember posing for any camera I was the one taking photos with mine before it gave up....do you have ones of me :eek:

Lord Have Mercy:o

yup! the camera was in my boots along with everything else!! it was great not having a bag!! :D:D:D
    it was my camera you were taking the photos with outside, WE were posing for you....!!! haha!!! it took you 3 times to take one photo!! think you were a bit on the wobbly side!!:p:p:p each photo gets progressively better than the previous one.

not to ruin the fun, but can ye take it to a pm for a friendly chat about the night out :p

What's a pm:o

Just seen that! You are in me and Gismo's student development class then:eek:
    Which one are you? :D

Just seen that! You are in me and Gismo's student development class then:eek:
    Which one are you? :D

a pm is a private message you can send to anyone. no one can read the content's apart from the sender, and the recipient.

and yeah im in your student dev class :p im the idiot with dye'd white hair all spikey.

which one are you :p

a pm is a private message you can send to anyone. no one can read the content's apart from the sender, and the recipient.

and yeah im in your student dev class :p im the idiot with dye'd white hair all spikey.

which one are you :p
    he resembles keith flint, you know him now??

prodigy_adjusted-600x400.jpg

he resembles keith flint, you know him now??

prodigy_adjusted-600x400.jpg

jaysus. i aint that bad.
    ok, enough banter in this thread. its for welcoming new poster's to the lyit forum only. if you want to open a new thread and have a chat, as long as its got a topic and its fairly stuck to, then ill be happy.

MIKE!
    Of course I know ya now! I'll send ya a pm cause I'm cool and know what that means now:cool:

• Advertisement

oh my god! crop that image! looks very very dirty to what ever is going in or out of my liquid exit flap!

Advertisement