Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LYIT Parking

Options
  • 14-09-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, any suggestions? was crazy there and ended up parking way down the road and got a note on my windscreen about it.

Before somebody suggests just getting there earlier........ can ya just suggest alternative parking solutions instead please

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same problem as last year, car parks are far too small for the volume of traffic.

Not overly helpful if its raining but see this...

http://www.lyit.ie/location/ly_parking.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

thanks harps,

Whats the story with parking on the port road? Seen a good few cars there when leaving 2day, ive a van myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

theboss80 wrote: »
    Hey guys, any suggestions? was crazy there and ended up parking way down the road and got a note on my windscreen about it.

Before somebody suggests just getting there earlier........ can ya just suggest alternative parking solutions instead please

Thanks

You weren't driving a black passat were ya! :D

Don't know what to suggest. Perhaps car pool, or walk :eek:
    I can see the Gardai getting some complaints about this though, as it's likely tickets could be issued. Tbh - it's always worse at the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

White transit. parked down rossview. Thought id get away with it as it looks like a work van:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Try the industrial estate across the road from the main entrance. Further down, on the left, is a block of flats. Should be ok to park there, and no further away than rossview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

been up there for meetings and its a complete nightmare, damn students shouldn't have cars anyway.
    btw sligo it is just as bad OH works there and cant get parked students driving in who live less than 10 mins walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to the new LYIT sub forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Hey if you park down beside ballyraine school it's only a few mins walk!
    My OH used to do it this year.... but we moved to ballyraine. Problem solved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

there's lots of parking spaces available in ballyraine outside my apartment.
    its approx 4min's walk to the back entrance of the college. not too bad but if it rains bring an umbrella.

Advertisement