Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

man flu

Options
  • 11-09-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭

its the only thing that will kill a man...

On average it almost kills millions of men yearly...

Ive just got it myself and im dieing / short staffed in work means i now have 11 hours of feeling **** in work...

Any suport / ideas to make myself better?

p.s how the **** does one person produce so much mucas!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Take one pint of guinness followed by rasher sambo. Retake every 30 minute until man flu goes away. If you still feel bad after a couple of days consult your gp.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Get drunk and remain drunk until you think all man flu symptoms have abated. Unfortunately due to your state of inebriation it may be difficult to tell whether the symptoms have gone or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

men are the worst patients ever. fact.

its the flu not the black lung ya have.

but.... on an other note, it is hilarious to see a man suffering "the man flu"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

men are the worst patients ever. fact.

its the flu not the black lung ya have.

but.... on an other note, it is hilarious to see a man suffering "the man flu"

Am I the only one can't stand this term 'Man Flu'?

It bugs the bejaysus out of me when I hear women use the term. It seems not a day goes past where I don't hear a woman on TV or Radio make some smart comment about a man being a wimp as he has Man-Flu.

Now it seems men are using the term also .. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm suffering the man flu too. Lemsip cold and flu just aint good enough

People in work were freaking out thinking I was giving them the swine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 kpas

“Man flu is not a myth: female hormones give women stronger immune systems,” researchers have found that oestrogen helps the immune system fight off bacteria and other invaders''

There ye have it lads.... we def suffer more....:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nico22 wrote: »
    Men and women suffer the same. No sex suffers the flu more than the other. It's just that men can not complain as if they do they are considered weak and moaning.

If my gf gets the flu I'm all over her with can I do this, that and the other thing. Run her hot baths, get her fav dvds, magazines etc etc etc - can't do enough.

If I so much as sneeze and say I have flu aches and pains I'm exaggeratting and I just have 'Man-Flu' ie; No-Flu .. just a cold or something.

No wonder men don't go to the doctors with serious symptoms that should be checked out, as if we so much as try and talk about our health, we are riduculed and laughed at in society.

More men get prostate cancer than women get breast cancer but it's 'Breast Screening' centres we see being built like this one in Galway (there are many more).

Will we see ProstateCheck clinics and centres? I wouldn't hold my breath as Men are just not considered on equal terms with women in society it would seem.

Ok, not wanting to make light of the situation, but I draw your attention to the charter, especially the part about no serious posts. :)

There is a dedicated Men's Health forum here.

Advertisement