Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why so much flights!

Options
  • 07-09-2009 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

My jar is now full of flights (used and unused flights), better get myself a new bigger container or like a normal person should I feck all the used ones out?? Tough decision;):D

mt8mbm.jpg

2qxrtbk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I have the same problem in that I keep all my old flights in a few jars so your not the only one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Carrickman wrote: »
    I have the same problem in that I keep all my old flights in a few jars so your not the only one!!!

Thank God for that, I thought I was a weirdo!;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

i do the same thing aswell, i counted mine the other day and i had 82 flights, i dont know why i hold on to them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

I have a biscuit tin full of flights, most of them are used and in bits. Still won't throw them out though :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jaysus lads you're all weird, as soon as my flights get bashed up in the bin they go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Two full draw's full of flights for meself, i only throw out flights that i have split or completely destroyed, i use my old ones for practice flights, don't want me match one's getting wrecked (i know i'm weird).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Had a plastic bag full of used flights , no idea why i kept them but decided 2 weeks ago to chuck em out.

Broke my heart :(:(:(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads you're all weird, as soon as my flights get bashed up in the bin they go.

LOL!!:D There is a sentimental value to them, think of the great times you had with them!;):eek::eek::eek::D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Not too many great times recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I have a cover from a 100 pack of CDs here that is half full of old flights also. Dunno why but I found a load of them earlier this year when I decided to come back to this game. I even found some Harrows ones that were new in the packaging with the prices in pounds and pence lol :rolleyes:.

I am going to use up all the older flights in practice first (and use new ones to the pub etc.) until they are all gone before I start using the new ones in practice as it seem a waste to give new ones a trashing while I have so many older ones still left.

I would be in favour of being a bit more ruthless when discarding flights lately though. Once they get any bit cracked at all, out they go as I cant help but imagine they would be working against you when they get softer or in the case of dimplex ones when they start to peel.

When you can buy 5 sets of flights on ebay for 3-4 euros and delivery included, you cant go wrong IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I am after giving my nephew my old flights i had 289 flights in a biscuit tin, My Mrs was on and on about me getting rid of them but she doesn't understand.:D

Advertisement