Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leiderhosen, Ja oder Nein ?

Options
  • 05-09-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd run this by the brothers and get the general consensus on the wearing of the leather short trousers whilst partaking in consuming alcohol at the Oktoberfest.

I've been to the Oktoberfest a couple of times and never wore Trakt (tradition German clothes), being an Irishman I didn't think it was right.

The missus (who's a dirty Hun) managed to talk me into getting a nice pair of black leiderhosen and matching apparel today and I have to say it makes me look like an Arian Jew beater with my the shaved blond hair :rolleyes:

Whats everyones view on this, is it the done thing when visiting the 'Fest ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

KTRIC wrote: »
    Whats everyones view on this, is it the done thing when visiting the 'Fest ??

Here on BGRH, we are a very cosmopolitan bunch.

Take me for example. I have broadened my horizons and moved to a place that is possibly the antithesis of the BGRH ethos, yet I managed to source pork in beer in less than a week. We do what we have to do.

Germany, as you well know, is the Promised Land of BGRH.

Munich is Mecca, Oktoberfest is the Hajj.

Therefore, to fully immerse yourself in the moment, it is essential you do all that is necessary. If that includes wearing leiderhosen and looking a complete spanner, then so be it. It's all in the name of beer, therefore it is all worthwhile.

There is, however, one caveat.

While indulging in such pleasures, you must remember the Prime Directive of BGRH - Pics or it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

+ 1

Pics of the hwaught wimmins who bring the beer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I have to say it makes me look like an Arian Jew beater with my the shaved blond hair :rolleyes:
    Has fitting-in always been such a problem for you?!?

Seriously, when in Rome, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Firstly a small correction it is Lederhosen, leider (nicht) sounds like "sorry but..." I think it is the germans who should wear the traditional clothing during the Oktober fest. Except for the dirndl' madchen dresses, nothing wrong with them in everyday live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I was in Munich last month and they wear those drinking pants every night in the Hofbrauhaus. I felt out of place in regular shorts.

Tip: Helle is for poofs. You want Weissbier. By the litre. You will throw up after 5/6 of them but it's all part of the pilgrammage.

Either that or the nasty Smithwicks ale stuff that looks like bog water and is 9.8% ABV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thought I'd run this by the brothers and get the general consensus on the wearing of the leather short trousers whilst partaking in consuming alcohol at the Oktoberfest.

I say go for it man!
    What could possibly go wrong???

gay_male_leather_logo_banner.jpg

Be sure to stay out of all bars with names like, Zanzibar, Ramrod, Rectum etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

rua1972 wrote: »
    I think it is the germans who should wear the traditional clothing during the Oktober fest.
    Hang on a sec, it's the Bavarians that wear this kind of stuff. The rest of Germany has some common sense. :P
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    I say go for it man!
    What could possibly go wrong???

gay_male_leather_logo_banner.jpg

Be sure to stay out of all bars with names like, Zanzibar, Ramrod, Rectum etc....

Don't forget the Blue Oyster. Never go in there.

Advertisement