Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Players' Championship on TG4

Options
  • 05-09-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

TG4 will commence their screening of the Grand Finals of the 2009 Ireland Players' Championships on Tuesday, September 8th., at 7.30pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Did anybody watch the darts earlier on TG4, great darts! The camera work was terrible though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Yeh, it's not Sky Sports, but fair dues to TG4 they are willing to show Irish darts and give our players some exposure.
    Looking forward to next Tuesday night, September 15th., when they will be showing the Men's semis and the Ladies' and Youths' finals.

Dartgod wrote: »
    Yeh, it's not Sky Sports, but fair dues to TG4 they are willing to show Irish darts and give our players some exposure.
    Looking forward to next Tuesday night, September 15th., when they will be showing the Men's semis and the Ladies' and Youths' finals.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for Sky Sports or BBC coverage, I know TG4 don't have a great budget but I think they could of done a little bit better with the presentation! I enjoyed the darts, more darts on TV the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Dartgod wrote: »
    I'm sure the camera work will continue to improve,Yes great to see Irish darts on terrestrial Irish TV, gives us all a lift.icon7.gificon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

forgot about this:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Me too, I was too busy watching that muck in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Me too, I was too busy watching that muck in Limerick.

Same as that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

is there a repeat scheduled?

padr81 wrote: »
    is there a repeat scheduled?

Not sure Padr but there is a different one on next Tuesday at the same time.

repeated sunday at 11.30am i think.

• Advertisement

padr81 wrote: »
    repeated sunday at 11.30am i think.

Just checked my Sky+, repeat will be 11am Sunday

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Just checked my Sky+, repeat will be 11am Sunday

That's correct !
    There will be two further programmes next week on Tuesday and Wednesday at 7.30pm with a repeat on Sunday, September 20th.

Just watching tonights show now, recorded it on Sky+! Some class darts on show!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

nice to see paddy meaney under pressure from some of the youths

nice to see paddy meaney under pressure from some of the youths

finneran recently played doubles at the irish masters with my brother. top player, theres very little between Meaney and Finneran or Heneghan.

Excellent darts on TG4 last night and tonight.

For anybody that missed it - - - both shows will be repeated on Sunday next, September 20th., at 10.30am.

good games alright. Quinn's finishing was very good, unlucky for the 170 in the final. Did he hit it twice during the comp or was it once and missed once. Only thing that held irish players back as opposed to what you'd see on the bdo etc... imho was nerves when at the finishing line alot of guys didn't have the killer instinct that the pro's have. Some great scoring though.

Really enjoyed it, It'd be great DG if you could get live coverage of the champ finals for next season (its tg4 chances are they'll be showing nothing anyway) or even a 30 minute show like for the finals covering each round of qualifiers, really put it out to the public.

Advertisement