Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Hellfire club

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

I always wonder why the hell fire clubs are meant to be haunted/eveil etc. Is it because of the word 'hell' in the title?

These clubs were made up of rich people with fcuk all else to do but drink and debauch. that's it. no evil, no demons - just stories so people wouldnt disturb them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

iamhunted wrote: »
    just stories so people wouldnt disturb them.

The stories are really more recent. Anyway in that picture im noticing only one hooker. What a shit party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

really does look like a **** party

Grimes wrote: »
    The stories are really more recent. Anyway in that picture im noticing only one hooker. What a shit party

good man - ive been waiting ages for someone to tell me of a half decent recent sighting and or paranormal occurance in the hell fire club. Please share the stories that are most recent ... love to hear one of them as I havent been able to find one that sounds halfway believable.

I actually went up since I posted this and there was a few weird moments.saw nothing or anything like that.There were places in there i just didn't go at the time, maybe because it was just me and the gf, but i'm kicking myself now.I plan to go up ther again soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

ya unimaginative philistines

Ok I edited the pic for ya! :eek:

lol....yeah much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

been going up there for the last 30 odd years with family and the dogs for walks. been in there on my own with no one around but the dog and never had any experiences. Its just a errie place because its a burnt out shell with some dark rooms. Worst thing is the smell of piss and broken glass. The woods around are scarier when your alone but thats just human instinct of being eaten by an animal :)

kilakee house is supposed to be haunted so stop off there on the way up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

It's a mildly interesting place. I used to live near it, about a 45 minute walk from my house to the club.

I think the name is ridiculous tbh, I'm fairly sure The Hellfire Club is not the original name....someone just made it up and made up some silly stories about the Devil.

I mean come on, THE DEVIL himself visited some building on the top of a hill on the outskirts of Dublin. I'm sure Satan has better things to do.

There is nothing supernatural/paranormal about this place, it's just a little creepy because of its location, surrounded by woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If you are going there you have to be really carfull as i heard the devil has been seen there. I cant confirm but sources close to me have said that he is "evil" but does enjoy a game of cards.

If you do see somebody there there are sign's weather or not he is the devil . He will be red in appearence with distintive horns pertruding from his head. He is between 5 foot 6 to 5 foot 9.

One thing that cought most peoples attention was his distinctive legs which are red and hairy with hooves for feet. He has also been known not to wear any trousers.

I believe he has had a shave recently.

• Advertisement

KungPao wrote: »
    I mean come on, THE DEVIL himself visited some building on the top of a hill on the outskirts of Dublin. I'm sure Satan has better things to do.

I'd say he popped by as he happened to be in the neighbourhood either on his way to, or on his way back from Loftus Hall. Apparently he done the same thing in both places, so zero marks there for creativity for oul nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Well I've never been to this place at all but I'd really love a visit.Will there be any upcoming visits to this place on here.Hear so many stories about the place and Kilakee house seems to have plenty stories too.Just a thought
    Ive been up there many a time, nothing spooky up there at all. Cool little building but not a whole lot to see at all. Enjoy the 'LONG' walk up the hill !! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

being from tallaght im well used to these stories, ledg has it that a few guys were in the hellfire club laying cards and one of them dropped a card on the floor, he bent down to pick up the card from under the table, and he noticed that one of them had hoofs instead of feet, hence the devil story,

mockler007 wrote: »
    being from tallaght im well used to these stories, ledg has it that a few guys were in the hellfire club laying cards and one of them dropped a card on the floor, he bent down to pick up the card from under the table, and he noticed that one of them had hoofs instead of feet, hence the devil story,

that certainly seems to be a common irish ghost story

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Went for a late night stroll up there tonight with my mates at around half 12, was dark, cold and bleeedin freaky. Savage view of Dublin though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Anyone interested in supporting the "save the hellfire" campaign may be interested in doing so here:

https://www.facebook.com/SavetheHellfire/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Has there been much done to the building?

I presume the windows had glass originally and the stairs looks like it's modern and not the original one.

Advertisement