Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish girls

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello, Moderator of Ladies Lounge said post my question in BGRH, I looked and hope this is right, if not sorry. I am curious to learn please, how are Polish girls looked on in Ireland. I am a Polish girl, here in your country, wanting to learn about Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what exactly do you want to know about Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

So... your question is what do Irish people think of Polish women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Franciszka

Yes that is right, thank you star pants. Sorry if I am not clear, my English is not good but I am working to get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I lika polish girls!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This thread needs pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Franciszka wrote: »
    Hello, Moderator of Ladies Lounge said post my question in BGRH, I looked and hope this is right, if not sorry. I am curious to learn please, how are Polish girls looked on in Ireland. I am a Polish girl, here in your country, wanting to learn about Ireland.
    Pretty well to be honest.

Please explain pics? Did I do it wrong?

Franciszka - don't mind them asking for pictures.
    I think once any woman is welcome in any country (unless they're just mean).
    It might be slightly different culture wise.

Are you looking to date? or do you want to know how both males and females feel about polish?
    There's a large polish community in Ireland these days, it's not unusual to work with / meet/be friends with /date /with them and many other cultures.

as an Irish guy .... Polish women seem very good looking (most of them) ... but from my experience - some seem to have an old attitude....assuming that the guy will pay for everything.

(I used to have no problem with this in the past but I get annoyed when the girl doesnt even make an effort to pay)

As for music taste .... the polish girls I have been with were more into house/techno music ..... I dont really have much interest in music....so dont really have a problem.

Dress sense .... pretty much the same .... of course some Polish/Irish girls will have better or worse sense than the other.

I suppose both Irish/Polish women have good and bad points.

I am new to Ireland! And I want to find out all about country, only have been here few days and some people nice to me but some people not. My sister, when she come here five years now, she only stay with Polish. My sister, she say lots of unfairness to Polish in Ireland but I say that does not stop me. I do not want to stay just with among my own country people. I am single girl, 19 years old, I like to go out and dance, have fun, if I meet nice man then I go on date but I first have to find job. Sorry about my English, I hope I am understood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

do you have any irish in you......

No Irish, I am hundred percent Polish from Kraków! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

would you like any irish in you?

If you mix with Irish and Polish it'll do you good, instead of staying with only Polish. That way you get to learn about Irish people better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Frankie, honey, in Ireland Polish ladies are put on pedestals so high that they need oxygen masks to breathe.

I would guess that your sister mainly has Polish friends....it is true that some Irish people do not like Polish women

.....some people will say that the Irish girls who dont like Polish girls might be jealous (it might be true ...sometimes)

I dont want to disappoint you but its not really the best time to try to find a job in Ireland....it will probably be very difficult to get a nice job that will pay enough money to survive in Dublin (I guess you are living in Dublin).

did you have a job back home ?

I will like to have Irish but only when I am good at English! One thing for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

GiftofGab wrote: »
    would you like any irish in you?

that used to be a great one to try good times
    back to the main point ireland like everywhere people can be bad and some people can be really great there is a big amount of polish aswell so that you can have polish friends aswell but most of the people you meet in ireland will be quite friendly like giftofgab there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Frankie, honey, in Ireland Polish ladies are put on pedestals so high that they need oxygen masks to breathe.

Franciscka this is the jealousy PCPhoto refers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

do you have any irish in you......
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    <snip>

Now, now - be nice.

• Advertisement

Yes, had job at home but money very low, sister said come to Ireland. She know people will help to get me job. So I am trusting. I just love to be in new place, want to learn English, want to travel to London and Paris, my dream! I know times not so good here, people out of work, but I think I am hard worker, will do what I can, cleaning, baby caring, work as waitress. I take what I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

We are being nice......:D

Franciscka what do you think of the irish people??

Good for you - working in different environments will also help your english and understanding of Irish culture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    Franciscka this is the jealousy PCPhoto refers to.

Um, married and not Irish so FAIL!

Yes, had job at home but money very low, sister said come to Ireland. She know people will help to get me job. So I am trusting. I just love to be in new place, want to learn English, want to travel to London and Paris, my dream! I know times not so good here, people out of work, but I think I am hard worker, will do what I can, cleaning, baby caring, work as waitress. I take what I can.

with that attitude you will hopefully get a job soon :D and earn enough money to be able to afford to stay here (it would be different from Poland because its more expensive...so you might earn more money but you will also have to pay out more money)

Thank you star pants! That is what I hope to happen!

I like Irish people, thank you giftofgab!

Thank you star pants! That is what I hope to happen!

I like Irish people, thank you giftofgab!

and me !!!

and me !!

:D:D :P :D:D

And you pcphoto! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

I am new to Ireland! And I want to find out all about country, only have been here few days and some people nice to me but some people not. My sister, when she come here five years now, she only stay with Polish. My sister, she say lots of unfairness to Polish in Ireland but I say that does not stop me. I do not want to stay just with among my own country people. I am single girl, 19 years old, I like to go out and dance, have fun, if I meet nice man then I go on date but I first have to find job. Sorry about my English, I hope I am understood.

I would'nt say Ireland is unfair to the Poles. After all you do not need work permits or visas to reside here. After a few years you can claim benefits, just like the Irish, if you get stuck.

Compare that to the Asians here.

• Advertisement

I am happy to hear you say Polish are treated well in Ireland. I am happy that we come here. I do not come here to claim benefits, I come to work!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement