Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rappers in Galway?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello :)

I am a Dutch person living in Galway, I try to make at least a beat a day on my mpc60. I have to say I am looking for more input i.e. some one to work with. You could class my beats in the oldschool category, I sample from vinyl mostly but any source will do lol :D

If there is anyone who wants to connect and listen to some beats let me know. I am hoping this is the right forum for this.... I am not to well known with the Irish internet :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can you give links to your beats so that we can take a listen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Document1

Ok here is one of my latest ´finished´ beats, just straight out the mpc in to my hdrecorder.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=161892

Click the download file button.

Oh yeah sorry about the double posting, can a mod please delete the other thread?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

not bad, not bad at all. hopefully someone will hear this and get in touch.

Nice touch on sampling The Wire :)

Hehe thanks, I am totally adicted to watching the Wire :o I am busy with this the Wire mixtape, once its done ill post a link here for you to check out. Also you do not need to be from Galway obvisouly, just looking for some people to connect with. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Hehe.. I love the Wire sample. Beat sounds nice. I like the 2nd part/outro.

Try www.irishhiphop.com where most of the rappers hang out.

Galway has a few pretty good beat makers. It's not exactly a hotbed for rappers though. Might be able to collaborate with some other lads over the internet.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link and the feedback :)

I visited the other website but found it very confusing :pac:

Anyway bump. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Irishhiphop.com is spectacularly confusing alright. Everybody is constantly taking the piss. Usernames change continually as well which makes keeping track of who's who nigh impossible. Post your beats in the Audio section anyway and you might get one of the emcees wanting to have a go over it.

Irishhiphop.com is spectacularly confusing alright. Everybody is constantly taking the piss. Usernames change continually as well which makes keeping track of who's who nigh impossible. Post your beats in the Audio section anyway and you might get one of the emcees wanting to have a go over it.

Yeah just might try that for the craic, anyway ill drop some new beats here after the weekend.

O yeah, also just for the craic, some Dutch Hip Hop for you guys to enjoy :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH23bGfRFxg

Advertisement