Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the craziest/stupid thing you've ever done?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SpinIt

Had a house party one night when my parents were way only to get locked and fall asleep outside.
    Got verrrry drunk and got into a fight with some guy(he hit me first for no reason) Outside a garda station but i got away:).
    Got arrested drinking when i was 16 We had 140euro worth of cans and vodka.
    Smashed a window with my brothers head to settle a argument.
    Went 10 miles with my friend in his parents car when we were 16.
    Spent 400euro on drink in a school year.
    Mainly Drink related as you can see.
    Ill chat my friend and see if he remembers more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I libeled my teacher on Bebo in 3rd year, which I was suspended for.
    I got in a stupid fight in 2nd year which I was suspended for.

This makes me look much worse than I am!

I, not purposefully, have had an annual night every August for the last three years where I get really drunk, to the point where I get sick and doon't remember anything.
    Ran over the roofs of the jacks at Oxegen.
    Nearly started a fight with a Guard who very unfairly man-handled me and my Girlfriend. :mad:

:o That's it for the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bmtannam

OK....I have to get it finally off my chest....I once stole a sweet off the pick n mix counter in Woolies.Sob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SpinIt

Jay P wrote: »
    I libeled my teacher on Bebo in 3rd year, which I was suspended for.
    How do you mean?

Libel:
    n.
    a.A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
    b.The act of presenting such material to the public.
    2.The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.
    tr.v., -beled or -belled, -bel·ing or -bel·ling, -bels or -bels.
    To publish a libel about (a person).

Basically, it's defamation - I took away her good name by saying she was a shit teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Basically, it's defamation - I took away her good name by saying she was a shit teacher.
    Only libel if it's untrue

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Only libel if it's untrue

Meh, bothered. Same difference. Still a retarded thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Same difference.
    It's only the same if it's not a difference. (This one actually angers me when I hear it)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cloned Alien

Ran into metal lampost head first and full speed in the dark, iwas seeing stars ;). Another one was a fell asleep on the banisters, that was uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I have a very long story about the stupidest typical teenager thing my friends and I all did but I'd rather not tell it :D I could probably still get prosecuted to this day if anyone found out it was us :pac: Let's just say it involved a house which we assumed to be abandoned :D

Thankfully I haven't done too many other stupid things to that extreme but a lot of my friends have extremely stupid stories they could tell you ;)

One time guards came up to my friend while she was outside McDonalds and told her to move along because it was closed and apparently the group was loitering. She refused and when they eventually tried to use force she kneed one in the crotch and bit a Ban Gardas arm so hard that she had a mark from it months later in court!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Just remembered something, I won't tell it but just don't ever put your hands in the fountain in the garden of remembrance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭NotSoDumbBlonde

Quit my great job JUST before the recession really hit last year to go travelling and to take some well-deserved time out, thinking that I would either go back to the job or get an even better job a few months later. Definitely the worst and stupidest thing I have ever done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

I brought girl home from town at about 4 in the morning when I was locked. My mam came into my room the next morning to put the heating on and just saw a girl in my bed. Needless to say they went mad.

I drank lots one night and a friend gave me 8 valium I took two and was gonna save the others for another night but later on I got arrested for trying to sneak into a night club. So when I was in the Garda car I knew I'd get in even more trouble if they found the remaining six valium in my pocket so when the gards weren't looking I swallowed them all. I had no recollection of what happened the morning after I just had flashes of me in a cell so I had to call the station to find out why I was arrested.

When I was 17 my friend sprayed on a wall in huge letters (My name) is gay near my house so I bought a can of spray paint with the intention of spraying over it. That night we ended up going into town for a few drinks and me being the drunk idiot that I am started spray painting on a wall just off of Grafton Street. While I was in the middle of spraying the Gards pulled up right behind me and shoved me in the back of the car. I also had two fake I.D's on me at the time but they let me away with the I.D's. Because I was underage they just took me home but my parents weren't too happy being met at the door at 4 in the morning by me and two Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I've never done anything 'crazy' because I'm famous for my common sense. I was once told I had the mind of a 50 year old because of my lack of fun having.

:|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lucky_Ducky

I jumped off a shed once :rolleyes:
    Am I adventurous or what?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Drank a pint of diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Crashed in bythewood's apartment and somehow survived. *shivers* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I threw a pen at a nun in primary school. It bounced off the desk and hit her in the glasses.

Pfffffft. I kicked a nun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Reading this thread has made me realise how responsible boring I am. :( I've never done anything "crazy"; the whole sneaking out at night and going knacker drinking thing doesn't really work when you live in the middle of nowhere and would require a lift from parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I have a new entry.. I bought a live crab at a fishmongers and attempted to keep it in my bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I had a pet shellfish, Rosencrantz, that i accidnetly killed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think the craziest thing I ever did was skip a day in 3rd year when it was snowing.

The craziness stops there, I skipped it to go to the NUIM open day with friends >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Tonight I took a big dollop of this crap

35d2a78.jpg

"defcon hot sauce" AKA the world's most hottest hot sauce. Never again, ended up having to drinking a pint of milk are 5 seconds of touching my tongue.

My brother took a sip out of the bottle and threw up after a minute :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Was walking home one-night & rang my bosses' missus to come & collect me. She wasn't best pleased as it was 2.30AM in the morning. A polite, decent woman, she still told me to "Eff Off" although obviously not as politely.
    I wouldn't mind but I was at least half-way home by that stage & there was a full-moon so even though it was a country-road, I knew it well & it was well lit-up.
    Plain daft!

One Sunday Morning a few years ago, I walked to a bus-stop about 15 mins. away beside a pub which didn't open til 12 just as I would've been getting the bus. Been having a dose of the trots & had a dodgy-stomach for previous day but starved myself & thought I'd killed whatever bug was giving me grief.
    Cue around 10 to go, bum-rush! Morto. Went to a house whose inhabitants I knew vaguely but they either weren't there or were still asleep. Panicking I went around the side of house & out to back, squatted-down to do my NO.TWO.
    Got up to leave & two-pairs of eyes were staring right at me. My banging had woken them but as it had stopped they'd gone into kitchen for breakfast. Was handed a shovel & told to get dig a deep hole & get rid.
    Never went for that bus again! Or "visited" the house either. Nor was I invited to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

creggy wrote: »

35d2a78.jpg

"defcon hot sauce" AKA the world's most hottest hot sauce. Never again, ended up having to drinking a pint of milk are 5 seconds of touching my tongue.

My brother took a sip out of the bottle and threw up after a minute :o

that doesnt look good!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

35d2a78.jpg
    That looks like awesome sauce! If you were to compare it to say tobasco sauce, what would you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That looks like awesome sauce! If you were to compare it to say tobasco sauce, what would you use?

Tabasco sauce is a little girl compared to this stuff. It doesn't taste good at all, it smells like tar. The only reason why it's made is so that you can say "I own the hottest hot sauce in the world"

My local pub giving a free drink for everyone if someone can eat 15 chicken wings marinated with the stuff. One person has only done it in the pub (I have no idea how he did it) and now the hot sauce people want him to do it again for guinness world record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

and now the hot sauce people want him to do it again for guinness world record!

A world record for eating chicken wings marinaded in hot sauce?, man that books gone downhill since I used to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

one that jumps to mind is in P.E i squeezed into 34" waist running shortss whilst im a big guy 42" people where giggling and the teacher started to cop on that im takin the piss so i acted all embarassed and i go " aww miss there all slagging me" to which she replied " eh oh , aww jesus your disgusting!" lets just say the self confidence didnt exactly skyrocket

Advertisement