Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop cliches

Options
  • 31-08-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

What sort of things do you find annoying?

1. Realness. All the gangster pretensions. You've got guys with university degree's who've been millionaires for 20 years and they're still taking about robbing people, kicking the **** out of them etc. Generally speaking the more the person talks about realness the less authentic and more hypocritical they are. Most rappers are writing fiction, not non-fiction. If they were up front about the fact they are writing about someone else, or in character then it'd be fine. Plenty of literature writers wrote about stuff they never did and did it justice. Who gives a **** if it's 'real'?

2. Rappers who list their occupation as "grinding" or "hustling". Just say you're unemployed or a rapper or something you big twats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

1. Saying 'represent'
    2. Mentioning Hennessy brandy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Nolanger wrote: »
    2. Mentioning Hennessy brandy
    It's CLEARLY Courvoisier!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

1. Champagne: Dom Perignon or Cristal.
    2. Gangster/O.G.
    3. Scarface references.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Rappers calling people 'hataz'' because they don't like their music:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Exaggerating the hardship of their youth.

• Advertisement

It's CLEARLY Courvoisier!

I'll drink the bottle of Hennessy on your shelf so just let me introduce myself ...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

the word 'real'

Using stupid words that stand for something e.g. GOAT (greatest of all time).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

The cliche about hip-hop being cliched. I'm sick of defending rap from people who say its nothing but blunts, bitches and gang banging, and yet never bother listening to anybody other than 50 cent or tupac.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

This is one of the funniest songs about the cliche about violence in hip-hop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This song/video also gives a few of 'em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

floggg wrote: »
    The cliche about hip-hop being cliched. I'm sick of defending rap from people who say its nothing but blunts, bitches and gang banging, and yet never bother listening to anybody other than 50 cent or tupac.

Truth. The people who are most ignorant about hip hop always have the most stupid negative opinions.

Advertisement