Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eCommerce vs Cyberpsychology.

Options
  • 30-08-2009 12:57am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, I want to get into Web design/development, Internet Marketing and Social media training/strategies. I want to bridge the gap between businesses and their communities/consumers. I have no idea how to get there.

This course, the MSc in Cyberpsychology at IDAT actually made me laugh when I heard the name, however, I really like the course content.

However, I am unsure how well this would fare by comparison to say eCommerce at DCU.

DCU MODULES:
    * Business Modelling and Process Innovation
    * Object Oriented Programming or Accounting*
    * Organisation and Management in the Networked Era
    * Marketing on the Internet
    * The Digital Economy
    * Web Design
    * Innovation and High Technology Entrpreneurship
    * Information Access
    * Risk Management and Regulation in E-Commerce
    * Strategic Thinking in the Information Age
    * E-Commerce Infrastructure
    * Networks and Internets or Business Finance
    IADT
    *Year 1 Social Psychology of the Internet
    *Computer Mediated Communication
    *Internet Research Methods
    *Human-Computer Interaction
    *Consumer Cyberpsychology
    *Research Project
    *Applied Cyberpsychology
    *Psychology of Virtual Reality & Artificial Intelligence

My undergrad is in Business/Innovation and Technology (well, not excatly that but close enough) and I've done an Internet Marketing course... but I want to do something more.

Am I mad to think of "Cyberpsychology"? Is that more fruity/psychological than business, or can I take it and apply it to business?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

The title cyber psychology sounds a bit daft. It could be interesting. Is this the first year hte course is being run?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

i think both courses are relevant to your objective.

the IADT course is part time , so this will suit you if you were currently working.

the MECB is NDP funded - course fees are 1750€ if you were born in the EU

I don't know how much the IADT course costs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, Cyberpsychology threw me right off. But the course content is good.
    the MECB is NDP funded - course fees are 1750€ if you were born in the EU
    I am Irish. Is this for the eCommerce if I do it full time, yeah?

I've pretty much decided against Cyberpsychology. It's having its first graduates this year. It is a good course but I think there are maybe better things that I can do to get where I want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I've come across a few people from Cyberpsychology at conferences during the year - though possibly not the same course. From what I gathered, a substantial part of their course content is the application of existing theories, from social psychology and other areas, to computer-mediated communication and interaction; i.e. the focus was more on the psychological side of things than the IT. This may not be what you are looking for OP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah I've kinda decided against it. I think I'd *like* the content but it's not what I *need* to get where I wanna be.

• Advertisement

I am Irish. Is this for the eCommerce if I do it full time, yeah?

yes MECB == Msc ECommerce ( business ) it is NDP funded.

Anyone from the EU pays 1750€.

Anyone from outside the EU pays 12000€

There are loads of NDP funded masters courses available in Ireland - there is another thread somewhere in this forum that has a list of them.

There is another interesting thread about doing masters in Holland that might also be of interest.

MECB - you would want to apply asap if you want to get onto this. i have heard that there has been a considerable increase in the number of applications this year in comparison to 08/09

Yeah, I think that fund only applies if you're doing it full time though, right?

I didn't think there was a possibility to do the MECB as a part time option.

:-) well you can do it part-time but you'll get better grades if you do it full-time :-)

I think NDP funding does apply to some part-time courses. if my memory serves me there is a part time Msc Education (e-learning) in DCU which is NDP funded.

Thanks for the helpful advice. :)

Advertisement