Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxing Hip-Hop

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering if anyone has some recommendations for relaxing hip hop to listen to while going to bed.something in the mold of the roots song with erykah badu 'baby you got me'.cant stop listening to it but don't really have anything similar on my ipod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

From this year, Bibio's 'Ambivalence Avenue' and Kan Kick's 'Beautiful' are two that come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Thugz Mansion -Nas God's Gift

Let Me Watch
    - MF Doom Vaudeville Vaughn

Rock to It
    - Shad When its Over

Beautiful - Masta Ace A Long Hot Summer

I Know Why A Caged Bird Sings Part II - Binary Star Masters of the Universe

Well theres some songs however one of the most chilled Hip-Hop albums I have ever came across is Time Being CYNE.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Bibio's Ambivlance Avenue is excellent.

I would include

Rjd2 - Dead Ringer

Foreign Exchange - Connected

nothing too abrasive in these but just perfect for a chill out evening.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bibio's Ambivlance Avenue is excellent.

I would include

Rjd2 - Dead Ringer

Foreign Exchange - Connected

nothing too abrasive in these but just perfect for a chill out evening.

I think Since We Last Spoke would be better, it's a lot more laid back.

Maker - Shooting the Breeze is also a nice album to doze off to.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

P.M Dawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

CunningLynguists-The Gates is a very relaxing track
    If you like intrsumental hip hop i'd recommend j dilla-donouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

I use the Kingdom come album for relaxing usually asleep by the end of Lost one nice album this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

People Under The Stairs stuff is pretty mellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

hits from the bong - cypress hill, takes you to a different dimenison

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Older stuff:

And newer stuff:

Really liking Wiz Khalifa, his recent mixtape with Curren$y was exellent, very chilled.

• Advertisement

That Wiz Khalifa/Curren$y mixtape was very poor, badly mixed and lots of forgettable beats. Curren$y's album was far far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Orizio wrote: »
    That Wiz Khalifa/Curren$y mixtape was very poor, badly mixed and lots of forgettable beats. Curren$y's album was far far superior.

This Aint No Mixtape was indeed exellent, but i really enjoyed How Fly aswell, infact i liked every song, loved the tempo and thought the Wiz and Curren$y complemented each other well.

I liked about three tracks on it. :D

It might have been better if it wasn't so terribly mixed, but Wiz Khalifa is too poor of an MC really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

ATLiens is such a mellow album, not to mention a classic, and very Badu influenced I think.

Ummm ATLiens came out in 96, Badu hadn't even dropped her debut by that stage.

Great great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

I'm pretty sure she was dating André 300 at the time though, and just re-listening to it as a result of this topic, awesome album. I always loved it, but I had forgotten how far ahead they were of any other hip-hop out there at the time. Probably one of the best hip-hop albums ever.

Aquemini also has a real laid back vibe to it.

Advertisement