Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake/Kayne/Lil Wayne/Eminem-Forever

Options
  • 27-08-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

New track out dunno if anyone heard it yet,eminem's flow on this is crazy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Can't use usershare, illegal file-sharing sites unless the artists involved have given their expressed consent.

The internet is going crazy over this track.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

heard this earlier on today, Brother Ali's DJ called BK One posted it on facebook earlier and was trying to decide which verse was the best.
    Eminem is by far the best but what a garbage song overall. Drake and lil' Wayne may as well be the same person, terrible hook, and wogeous beat.

But i know people besides me are going to love this more than they love life itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Your right boom bap it's a pretty sh!tty track,i posted it up here because of the buzz it was getting around the net.
    I actually couldn't tell drake and lil wayne apart but kayne not using autotune :eek: that was a surprise! The hook is painful to listen to aswell.
    Nice marketing move by eminem though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Really can't stand lil Wayne anymore.The dude doesn't even write his own songs which,for a rapper,is ridiculous.
    Have heard the track,average stuff.
    Still gotta love Eminem,any news on when Relapse 2 is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Really can't stand lil Wayne anymore.The dude doesn't even write his own songs which,for a rapper,is ridiculous.
    Have heard the track,average stuff.
    Still gotta love Eminem,any news on when Relapse 2 is coming out?

Rumour has it its due for a November 16th release over here and on the 17th in the US

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a173537/eminems-relapse-2-release-date-revealed.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Your right boom bap it's a pretty sh!tty track,i posted it up here because of the buzz it was getting around the net.
    I actually couldn't tell drake and lil wayne apart but kayne not using autotune :eek: that was a surprise! The hook is painful to listen to aswell.
    Nice marketing move by eminem though!

apparently last year Wayne was "begging" Em to appear on a song with him......also, if you havent seen my post on the news thread, this isnt the final version of the song so the beat and the hook are likely to be tweaked.

I heard that about lil wayne begging em to do a track with him,never thought it would happen though!
    Yeah the beat and hook definetly need work,i read somewhere that dre called the beat whack so he'll probably produce the final version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Oh for **** sake....that song is absolute muck. Everything i ****ing hate about hip hop right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is the kind of s*it "new" hip hop that makes me think of the classic line from Mack 10

"If it ain't rough it ain't me and I refuse to turn r-a-p into R&B"

Also, the producer said Drake spit the best verse on the track. tsk, tsk, tsk

http://www.rapbasement.com/eminem/082809-producer-of-forever-says-drake-held-his-own-with-eminem.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I really like the track.

Eminem definately has the best verse, i thought Kanye had the worst, found him very boring. Not lil' waynes best work by any means but still i thought him and Drake were solid.

The hook is decent imo.

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    Oh for **** sake....that song is absolute muck. Everything i ****ing hate about hip hop right now.

if i've translated your *'s correctly then i whole heartedly agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Has anyone heard this? I'm liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Nice drumming and nice verse from Em. Lil Wayne should not be aloud do anything else than play A Milli on penalty of death IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

TB Remix is nice, i love the original though bar the Wayne verse, i simply edited that out and left it as Drake Kanye and Em.

Shady by far killed it though, took it beyond the rest and kicked it up a notch, crazy lyrics, perfect timing and even had Slaughterhouse rocking in the background of his section of the video, Takes a Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I don't see things the same as you guys at all. I find Kayne and Eminems delivery really nasal and annoying. I'd much prefer the Lil Wayne verse.

I don't think he really ghostwrites his tracks. He has his own signature style (regardless of wether you like it or not) and if you watched The Carter documentary you'll see all he pretty much does 24/7 is get high and record tracks.

If he didn't veer into such cheese pop beats so much I'd like most of what Lil Wayne does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shane MacGowan

None of the above rappers have any real rapping ability compared to the brilliant rappers of the 90s Tupac, Spice 1, Eazy-E etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

None of the above rappers have any real rapping ability compared to the brilliant rappers of the 90s Tupac, Spice 1, Eazy-E etc

Depends what you mean by rapping ability. Technically, Eminem rips them all apart.

For pure rapping ability Em sh!ts on the dudes you listed, Eazy E? Hhaha Ice Cube wrote his stuff!

Pac never had great rapping ability, his lyrics and flow where basic, it was his subject matter that made him great

And Spice 1, come on compared to other gutter style rappers like G Rap or Scarface he's nothing

I always find it hilarious no matter what the subject matter there's about 5 heads on this site who just say "Yeah.. but how does it relate to Tupac? Aw yeah Tupac is deadly actually. Did I mention I like Tupac?"

Also dead rappers > living rappers. Discuss. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye its a good track i heard it few weeks before the video and before it blew up.

em is serioulsy is on another level just shows he is leaps and bounds ahead of his competion.

heres an interesting fact you know eminem taught he was only doing this track with drake at first, he didnt have a clue wayne or kanye were going to be on it.

heres the youtube link to another good track
    lil wayne ft eminem "drop the world"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbZqYrKK28M

now if you think em's verse is hot on forever listen to him on this track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I don't see things the same as you guys at all. I find Kayne and Eminems delivery really nasal and annoying. I'd much prefer the Lil Wayne verse.

I don't think he really ghostwrites his tracks. He has his own signature style (regardless of wether you like it or not) and if you watched The Carter documentary you'll see all he pretty much does 24/7 is get high and record tracks.

If he didn't veer into such cheese pop beats so much I'd like most of what Lil Wayne does.

Exactly - ppl are very irrational because they dislike him - it's all him. That documentary was fascinating and was filmed over a 6month period and released without his authorisation, I'd think they wouldve picked up in it. As for the verses, kanye and Wayne didn't impress but Drake was solid as usual. Em did take it to a next level, but it's a level he only occasionally rises to these days. Not sure if he's lost any hunger, but we need an album of Em like that, instead of Relapse and those stupid accents and lame pop culture references

ye its a good track i heard it few weeks before the video and before it blew up.

em is serioulsy is on another level just shows he is leaps and bounds ahead of his competion.

heres an interesting fact you know eminem taught he was only doing this track with drake at first, he didnt have a clue wayne or kanye were going to be on it.

I still prefer the Forever verse mufcboy1999. Are you sure that Eminem didn't know Kanye or Wayne were on it? I heard he was dissing them all on it subtlety on it

I despise Lil Wayne, I reckon he's everyting that's wrong with rap today, its great to see Eminem back on the scene even if he isn't half as good as he was he is still vastly superior to Wayne and most of the other clowns out there.

im positive dj whoo kid recetly said it in an interview, na he wasnt dissing them shur he wouldnt of turned round and done "drop the world" on waynes new album rebirth if he had a problem with him.

the only reason people taught em had a problem with wayne was because em turned down a collab request from wayne few years back just after proof died and we all know em wasnt fit to make music for a while, he even called his verse on T.I's track the worst of his career

All Eminem has to do is rhyme quickly and all the internet goes "OMGods he killed that and everybody on it". It's not that good a verse. I don't think the flow fits the beat at all, sounds like it was written for something else and lumped on there. He needs to start rapping in his old Marshal Mathers era voice. Current one is ****ing annoying. He puts some sort of irritating effects on his vocals make him sound like he's rapping in a metal tube.

All Eminem has to do is rhyme quickly and all the internet goes "OMGods he killed that and everybody on it". It's not that good a verse. I don't think the flow fits the beat at all, sounds like it was written for something else and lumped on there. He needs to start rapping in his old Marshal Mathers era voice. Current one is ****ing annoying. He puts some sort of irritating effects on his vocals make him sound like he's rapping in a metal tube.

The reason why id say Em killed it is because he is the only one out of the 4 that has any sort of mic presence, Wayne and Drake sound identical with that robotic twang they have, and Kanye should stick to producing, then Em comes in with a unique delivery packed with some nice multis that actually holds the listeners attention

His verse was just lumped on their, he thought the track was just him and Drake, plus his verse wasnt even half written when it got put out, thats why he wasnt happy with the track

I agree though he needs to get that hunger back in his voice that he used to have, his verse on drop the world imo proves he is getting his hunger back, at least that goddamn accent is gone!

iv a quick solution to anyone wanting the old eminem.... go buy or listen to his old albums

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

That song is an overall piece of crap, Drake, what a joke, he used to be on a teenage soap opera over here in Canada, what credibility can you have after that, only people who listen to the likes of this crap are the same people who listen to the Jonas Brothers.
    Also Tupac is and was very overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marky boii

This song is good but a bit too long for me.:confused:
    iv a quick solution to anyone wanting the old eminem.... go buy or listen to his old albums

Ya i agree

I just found a far superior version on Youtube with the legend Royce Da 5'9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Wow here comes a controversial statement...

I LOVE this song!!!

*goes off singing: 'It may not mean nutthin to yall...but understand...' :p

Edit: Just spotted it number 3 on Base's Top 10 Biggest Tracks Right Now.

Advertisement