Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Style of Throw!

Options
  • 27-08-2009 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I just recorded myself having a few throws;

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=ykwib&s=3

No Laughing at my beard or beer belly, I spent loads of money on that over the years!:eek::D:D

Any tips on how to get a more consistant throw, even though I'm happy enough with it at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

dunno if you noticed this, but when you finish your follow through you usually bring your hand to the left (as is normal enough) but sometimes your already pulling your hand left before you throw the dart, you also lift your elbow a tad sometimes when bringing back your arm which is extra movement so increases margin for error.

Your throw and stance are simular to mine and I make the same mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

They should have darts instructors like they have with golf, wonder has this already been tried with darts? Somebody might make a living out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

very good thread Rat, would be good if some of us put our throws up and see if we could help eachother out.

i was going to say the same thing as padr81, bit of a snap in your darts sometimes but your keeping your head nice and still which is a good thing

Double Top wrote: »
    very good thread Rat, would be good if some of us put our throws up and see if we could help eachother out.

i was going to say the same thing as padr81, bit of a snap in your darts sometimes but your keeping your head nice and still which is a good thing

Cheers for the advice D.T!:) Yeah I thought it would be a good idea and was thinking it would be great if you lads put up your style of throws, a bit of advice is always good!

no prob bud, i'm gonna put my up soon, my seems to be changing alot lately, and like you said bit of advice is always a good thing

• Advertisement

no prob bud, i'm gonna put my up soon, my seems to be changing alot lately, and like you said bit of advice is always a good thing

It sure is!:) Won't be too much to correct about your throw D.T!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    It sure is!:) Won't be too much to correct about your throw D.T!

knowing my luck i'll smack the camera :p:p:p

knowing my luck i'll smack the camera :p:p:p

LOL!:D:D If it's in the T1 sorry T20 you will!;)

LOL!:D:D If it's in the T1 sorry T20 you will!;)

i like that one, very good:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    have a free gaff tomoro will post it up then

i like that one, very good:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    have a free gaff tomoro will post it up then

It has to be good, the Rat is around!;):D

• Advertisement

It has to be good, the Rat is around!;):D

like i told you before, wouldn't be the same without some Rat comedy;):D:D:D

Advertisement