Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything's Good Ugly - Che Grand

Options
  • 25-08-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Haven't heard much good this year, or lately, but this is defintely one of the nicest Hip-Hop albums of 2009. Its very well produced, very fresh, varied and soulful sound and the MC'ing is pretty good, if not quite as good as the beats. Some links...

Che Grand's Blog

Girls Talk - Che Grand (video)

Poisonous Paragraph's review of the album...
    Best Joints: Bless'd, Gift Wrap, Swing, Walking Under Ladders, Gold Chains (Part Deux), Too Much Too Soon, City On Fire, Restart (Original), Celebrate We, People Bowling, Crash, Girls Talk, I Know You Still Want Me, Life's Grand, Large Hadron Collider, Chateau Gold (Interlude), Soraya's Jam and Across The Sky

Hot Garbage: N/A

Dart's Take: I've been waiting for this album to drop since 2007 and it lived up to all of the lofty expectations I had for it after hearing the lead singles ("Swing" & "Crash"). There was a short scare there for a minute where we thought the album wouldn't come out but after Khal @ Rock The Dub started a petition and Che Grand found out how many people were waiting on "Everything's Good Ugly". It was back on.

Che Grand's 2DopeBoyz sponsored 2008 mixtape "Breakfast At Wimbledon" raised anticipation even higher. Here we are just a few days from it's release on iTunes. Let's get into "Everything's Good Ugly".

The album opens with "Bless'd", leads into "Gift Wrap", then gets you right back into the head nodding "Swing". After "Walking Under Ladders", "Gold Chains (Part Deux)"and the Colin Munroe guested "Too Much Too Soon" you realize this potentially one of the best projects of the year so far. By the time you get to the Tanya Morgan jawn "People Bowling" your suspicions will be clinched.

Che Grand is nice on the mic and when you combine that with the kinetic production you end up with what is already guaranteed to be called one of the best albums of 2009. Lessondary Crew has done it again. I give Che Grand's "Everything's Good Ugly" a mos def. Cop it on August 18th!

Can be bought on iTunes right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Upping, come on now this is some nice indie Hip-Hop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Girls Talk is shweet, is that one of the Huxtables from the Cosby Show in the video?

Advertisement