Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College

Options
  • 25-08-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi everyone,

I'm starting college next week and have tried all summer to get a part - time job but to no avail. I'm 18 years old and I was just wondering is there any 'Back To Education Allowance' or anything I might be entitled to because I dunno how I'm going to cope for the year not having a job.

If nobody can help, does anyone know anyone who's taking on part time staff :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

1st off u've posted in the wrong section.......

anyway..... ur best bet would be to apply for a grant. i myself lived at home throughut my 4 years at college and never got a grant.. that being said none of my syblings got a grant either but itwoulg be your best bet.

ps try bar work. a lot of student bars will probly be hiring in the next 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 xdirtydiscox

O sorry I'm new to this lol

Where should I have posted it???
    Would I get more varied answers if it was posted somewhere else?

Thanks for the advice :D
    hopefully ye don't need much experience I've never worked in a bar lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Try here.

Or post in the forum of the college you're going to. Besides the grant, student bars/shops normally hire people and someone might know something in the college forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Ask a mod to move it to student finances.

Advertisement