Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greying beard

Options
  • 25-08-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I shaved off my beard about 2 months ago and have since let it grow back. But to my surprise I have a nice grey patch on it.

One of the managers in my office has recently had his beard go grey as well even though his hair is the same colour.

Whats the general opinion on it ? Do the ladies like it ? should I embrace it and let it spread ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Nothing wrong with a bit of grey imo, this man below got a whole lot hotter when the grey appeared!

Radio-types-George-Lamb-010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

You could be in my position, my beard has ginger in it. I haven't a ginger hair on my body except for my face. Its embarrassing is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Iang87 wrote: »
    You could be in my position, my beard has ginger in it. I haven't a ginger hair on my body except for my face. Its embarrassing is what it is

I think he is ginger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loads of Irish men are like that.

I know someone who has a black, ginger and grey beard. Nothing wrong with a bit of grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

KTRIC wrote: »
    I shaved off my beard about 2 months ago and have since let it grow back. But to my surprise I have a nice grey patch on it.

One of the managers in my office has recently had his beard go grey as well even though his hair is the same colour.

Whats the general opinion on it ?

You male or female? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Squiggle wrote: »
    You male or female? :pac:

No, I'm a hermaphrodite

bearded-lady-salma-hayek-363311.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I gather you probably have brown hair, ye anyone with brown hair generally has a gingerish beard*.

*as the hair on our heards doesn't have any ginger in it we still maintain our ability to have a soul though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Brad Pitt is carrying it off pretty well ...Picture2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah I think a bit of grey in a beard can be cute :)
    salt n peppa :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I've come to love my grey hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I've come to love my grey hair.

Did you give it a name yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

KTRIC wrote: »
    No, I'm a hermaphrodite

bearded-lady-salma-hayek-363311.jpg

Ah right. Never thought I'd be saying this to a bloke but nice rack ye got there buddy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

my beards half white and half black pure deadly lookin but me ma hates it so have to shave it or no dinner ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My beard has also started to show some silver (its not grey lads, it silver) which is fine by me. Its now has brown, red, black and silver hairs, but I'm hoping it'll develop a lot more silver so I can go for that Mr. Miyagi look that just so suits us pasty Irish blokeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scscacd

Count me in Black/dark brown/red and now sliver, just starting to get the salt n peppa look on my head too, dont mind the sliver lining it can all go silver as long as it stays intact....going to have to insist on 30% off the price of my monthly cut at my barber(sharron in clane) if this hair loss keeps up at this rate....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Just last week I found the first sign of my ginger beard going, the one solitary silver hair... it's only a matter of time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Just last week I found the first sign of my ginger beard going, the one solitary silver hair... it's only a matter of time now!

You could be accepted by society yet!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

After all these years, finall a bald head and a grey beard! I could be accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i had to discard of my beard, it went quite ginger and i didnt want people thinking i was an undercover ginger :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

trout wrote: »
    Did you give it a name yet ?

Joe 2.0

The Next generation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Joe 2.0

The Next generation

You should have called it Frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

janeybabe wrote: »