Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Broad Street Bully - Beanie Sigel

Options
  • 24-08-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

...is out and about. Post your thoughts here when you get around to listening to it.
    Tracklisting:

01. Beanie 1:23
    02. Why Wouldn't I 3:53
    03. Tear Drops 3:03
    04. Where's My Opponent Ft. Omilio Sparks And Freeway 3:00
    05. Ready For War Ft. Freeway And Young Chris 3:59
    06. All For It 3:02
    07. Sicker Than Your Average Ft. Freeway 3:33
    08. Run To The Roc Ft. Young Chris And Omilio Sparks 3:47
    09. Bang Bang Ft. Murda Mill 3:13
    10. Return Of The Chain Gang Ft. Young Chris 2:39
    11. You Over Did It Ft. Young Chris And Murda Mill 4:37
    12. The Ghetto 3:52

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Posted in the Hip Hop 2009 thread that this should be out this week, Must try find a link to it shortly again. Hear The Ghetto the other day which i thought was a fairly good tune, bit disappointed no Scarface track. Will be back with comments later... Hope it returns to form of 1st cupole of albums, didn't really like The Solution

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The internet pixies are currently putting this on my machine. I'll give it a listen...here's a nice little note i found about the album
    Hopefully with his upcoming project that was originally titled The Focus, the fat will be trimmed and he will continue his climb that he was at with The B. Coming. Features are limited to Freeway and Young Chris and as Chris is seen as being little Jay, there might be a chance for Sigel to lead the charge to help resurge State Property at least. Time will only tell where business ties till go as far as him and Hov, but the world needs classic material such as “Still Got Love For You.”

I'm really looking forward to hearing Freeway on this, he is a rapper who is recently impressing me a heck of a lot lately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

there are some good songs on this. The beat on the intro called Beanie is real nice.

On Why Wouldn't I he really impressed with his flow on this song, it's simple but it rides the beat perfectly. The beat isnt mush to write home about but BS merges with it to make it something better. It's a song rather than someone rapping over a beat.

Where's My Opponent - The pace of the album picks up with this song, Omilio Sparks is kinda nice, never heard him before

Ready for War - has possibly the hardest lyrics in a song that i've heard in a while! Nice breezy beat too

Young Chris sounds incredibly like Jay-Z

The Ghetto is a horrible song, the singing on the hook is brutal.

the album started off great but i though it got a bit boring towards the end, and then the last song was trash and put a dampner on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So, so mediocre. Really unremarkable beats. Already off my iPod.

Still, at least its just a pre-album album.

Advertisement