Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RZA in Dublin

Options
  • 24-08-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭

Rza
    The Button Factory, Dublin
    Thu 8 Oct 2009, 19:30

Anybody seen Rza live before on his own? Probably will end up goin to this. I like his solo stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Button Factory's a great venue, are the tickets on sale yet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I reckon i'll have to go along to this, a chance to see the RZA performing live.....just hope it doesnt turn out to be a DJ set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

i love his bobby digital stuff but prolly wont be able to make it as i'll be in college in waterford :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Saw him last month at Rock the Bells. Was pretty underwhelming if I'm honest, livened up by the introduction of Boy Jones (ODB's son) who was obviously just happy to be there :D

Couple of Wu bangers. But not one of the best acts that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

Kold wrote: »
    Saw him last month at Rock the Bells. Was pretty underwhelming if I'm honest, livened up by the introduction of Boy Jones (ODB's son) who was obviously just happy to be there :D

Couple of Wu bangers. But not one of the best acts that day.
    i actully like rza's production alot more than his rapping, hes probably the best producer out there today, he even produces for movies, like the kill bill sound track was his production

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

this is unmissable, cant wait and its only 25 euro, RZA is one of the greatest men in hiphop!
    i just ordered some wu-wear and then a few days later i find out about this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Inski for this, as long as not just a dj show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Antics

There's been additions to the lineup...

RZA

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS:

INSPECTAH DECK (Wu-Tang)

Shavo (System Of A Down)

Kinetic 9 and Frukwan (Gravediggaz)

Plus support
    HANDSOME PADDY (CHOICE CUTS)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

Antics wrote: »
    There's been additions to the lineup...

RZA

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS:

INSPECTAH DECK (Wu-Tang)

Shavo (System Of A Down)

Kinetic 9 and Frukwan (Gravediggaz)

Plus support
    HANDSOME PADDY (CHOICE CUTS)
    no way man!
    i dont believe you, this is great news, i love system of a down!
    there gonna be playing achozen gravediggaz songs too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i'll be defo going now, might even buy a ticket in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Oh God! I am so busy lately. Grrrrr.... And I'm broke. But I have to go! HAVE TO!

Getting tics for this today, just trying to round up a few of the lads to go!

I am slightly depressed tho cos i see raekwon is playing at the London show on the 3rd Oct with rza... Doubt he'll make dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Loy

Nice one, tanx for the Info!! Ill be there for sure.. RZA is the Best Rapper\Producer\Mind in Hip Hop cant beleive he playin Dublin Solo Plus you get to see Deck, Kinetic 9 (Rza's Bro BTW) Shavo + Frukwan. That GraveDiggaz ****s was classic..

Can you buy the tickets off line in any of the Ticketmaster outlets ?????
    Bong

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Appartently RZA cancelled all his uk tour dates

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84549

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Appartently RZA cancelled all his uk tour dates

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84549

ggggrrrrrrr.......

I just see on my facebook that rap Ireland posted that Inspectah Deck now also confirmed for Thurs night. Have asked them to confirm if the above is correct.

a buddy of mine was supposed to have a phone interview with the RZA the other day but it never happened.
    but we should really wait to hear of anything specific to the Dublin gig

word on the street is that this has been cancelled.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    word on the street is that this has been cancelled.

well, not cancelled, postponed til a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Its definitely postponed, got an email from ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Yup postponed til a later date, I wouldn't have minded if Rae took RZAs spot even and still banged away with Deck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

At least theirs a chance that he'll play at a later date, i'd say he cancelled it because of the ghostface lawsuit.

by the way did people who paid get their money back??

horsebox09 wrote: »
    At least theirs a chance that he'll play at a later date, i'd say he cancelled it because of the ghostface lawsuit.

by the way did people who paid get their money back??

hold on to your tickets, it's being re-scheduled for next month. and yes, it's mot likely down to the lawsuit conflicting with thte tour dates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

what's the craic with the ghostface lawsuit?

what's the craic with the ghostface lawsuit?

Ghostface is claiming unpaid fees for some (or one) song of one of the early albums. The way it works with the Wu is that the producer (RZA in this instance) gets 50% of all money made from a song and the rest of the 50% is divided up amongst the mc's. But Ghost claims that there was a discrepancy and wasnt paid enough.
    RZA has publicly come out and said that everything is above board but there is a loophole somewhere. The fee that is being bandied about 150k
    ......just found this which explains better

http://admin.allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2009/09/29/21956222.aspx

in other Wu news, Method man is being done for tax evasion, possibly even arrested :eek:

Ah F*** it, was looking forward to seeing Rza in Dublin..

& i was just going to book 3 ticket's

tanx for the news

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    hold on to your tickets, it's being re-scheduled for next month. and yes, it's mot likely down to the lawsuit conflicting with thte tour dates

Any idea on a date for next month?

Don't hold your breath!!

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see this for a while yet....

Loy wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath!!

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see this for a while yet....

Yeah exactly what i was thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 reynoldinho

Well this is a balls i just was looking up who was supporting him and saw its postponed....well better find out now then tonight...Is it defo 100% though right? Cant get through to button factory!

• Advertisement

Well this is a balls i just was looking up who was supporting him and saw its postponed....well better find out now then tonight...Is it defo 100% though right? Cant get through to button factory!

1000% sure. If you're hankering for a gig, MJEX and The Infomatics are playing tomorrow night.

Advertisement