Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart-pentry

Options
  • 21-08-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Well I recently moved into a new apartment and to my horror I found there was no suitable place to knock up a dartboard. Needless to say this required action. Well five pints of Arthur's finest later the answer was obvious. Break out some 8x2 sections of chipboard and get hammering. The result, a perfectly portable dartboard stand + oche.
    Pictures (sorry they are all sideways)
    dsc00079tci.th.jpg
    dsc00081t.th.jpg
    dsc00082tsx.th.jpg

Given that I have next to no carpentry skills I'm quite proud of it :). As you can see both the vertical board and horizontal board are hinged in the middle which means it can be folded away pretty easy. Its free standing hence the need for the piece of wood on the right which adds stability and prevents the hinge from closing.

If you want to see the images full size just go here:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Looks the business mate , A new business venture maybe????;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah that looks quality! Fair play to you.

Wanna make me one? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yeah that looks quality! Fair play to you.

Wanna make me one? ;)

Can you also make me one for work!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Cheers lads. All in it cost about €70 to build, and €40 of that was the dartboard and surround. Don't think I'll be making another though, unless there's a fire in the apartment ;)

Advertisement