Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

internal finishing

• 19-08-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

i know how long is a peice of string right.

but, i am allowing 40k to finish my build from
    builders finish. i.e. floors, bathrooms, tiling, kitchen,
    carpets, curtains, t.v's couch etc etc.
    the house is a 3bed, 1150sq ft.

what does any one think? is that a realisitic figure?

also anyone that is in similar, would be good to hear
    what they are coming in at or allowing for finishing.

cheers
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

my house is 2,670 sq feet and I'm not even allowing that much so I do think you'll get plenty done for that. If you don't, I'm in trouble!!!

roughly speaking, i'm allowing myself 30 per sq metre for flooring, 4,000 for fitting out 3 bathrooms, 10,000 for furniture and fittings and 9,000 for kitchen and utility.. If I don't get it done for the money, it'll wait til next year.. I'd prefer to finish things in good quality and slowly at that end than finish it quickly with poor quality stuff..

Advertisement