Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what every brother dreams of, a proper spit roast.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Sweet mother have mercy, im drooling on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I Wonder if they deliver to Bahrain?

*drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looks a good bit overcooked if you ask me. Crusty. Should be tender and sweet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

DenMan wrote: »
    Looks a good bit overcooked if you ask me. Crusty. Should be tender and sweet. :(

Den - thats the crackling on the outside. :p

It has to be 'overcooked' - that way the meat on the inside is sweet and tender. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

This thread is not what I expected at all. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Apparently there are several business which will come to your home or function and make your spit roast dreams come true.
    http://www.spittingpig.ie/
    Nuggles wrote: »
    +1 :(
    If I paid good money for a callout I don't want that pig spitting anything out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

You and me both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I'm having a bbq this weekend but due to logistical reasons I can't get a pig. I have burgers,sausages, chicken and ribs so I guess it will do :(

*Kicks a cat in annoyance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

... *Kicks a cat in annoyance*

You DO have a cat though.

Just sayin....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

You DO have a cat though.

Just sayin....
    Let's not be eating cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

We used to do a spit roast once a month and have a gaggle of mates over with copious amounts of drink. It was great. You could rent the yoke out for less than a tenner for the weekend.

Oh how I miss those always sunny days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

There's a country pub near here that does this once a year for charity. I was at it a couple of weeks ago and the pig was huge.

Best hot pork ever.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

your right

its better!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Mini Wibbs wrote: »
    your right

its better!
    Mini Wibbs?

Bahahahahahahaha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Mena wrote: »
    We used to do a spit roast once a month and have a gaggle of mates over with copious amounts of drink. It was great. You could rent the yoke out for less than a tenner for the weekend.

Oh how I miss those always sunny days :(

Why did the word swingers just pop into my head? :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why did the word swingers just pop into my head? :o:p
    I was more thinking about the hooker for 10 bucks for a full weekend :eek:, recession must have caused an upsurge in competition.

rubadub wrote: »
    I was more thinking about the hooker for 10 bucks for a full weekend :eek:, recession must have caused an upsurge in competition.

Yeah well where's that in? Cambodia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

This thread I found is full of win.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055416566

Apparently there are several business which will come to your home or function and make your spit roast dreams come true.

http://www.rotarypig.ie/
    http://www.tauhogroast.ie/
    http://www.spittingpig.ie/

and indeed what is more appealing to the wimmin then a Brother with his own spitroast.

ourservices3.gif

Thats cooked with gas..absolutely NOT the way to spit roast.
    It needs to be a bed of embers,preferably charcoal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

smashey wrote: »
    There's a country pub near here that does this once a year for charity. I was at it a couple of weeks ago and the pig was huge.

Best hot pork ever.

You aint seen nothing yet, Brother smashey.
    Imagine 15 tons of wood,26 spit braais supported over glowing coals busily braaing 2 tons of meat.

The Bathurst Ox Braai rules! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Seems to be a farmers market on Thursdays just outside the new Mortons (beside/under the POD). One of the stands had a spit roast hog which was doing good business. Only had a quick look but was impressive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Degsy wrote: »

I went to a Lu'au in Hawaii two years ago where they cooked a pig underground using hot rocks.

Best and most tender meat I've ever tasted in my life that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wratch

Degsy wrote: »

TRUE AND TRUE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

My buddy got a whole suckling pig for his Birthday last year. We BBQ'd the thing ourselves....it was heavenly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

Pighead is noticeable by his absence from this thread hmm..

Pighead is noticeable by his absence from this thread hmm..

He's had his day in the sun. We're the new kids on the block. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

kenco wrote: »
    Seems to be a farmers market on Thursdays just outside the new Mortons (beside/under the POD). One of the stands had a spit roast hog which was doing good business. Only had a quick look but was impressive..

There was something like that in the market in Temple Bar on a Saturday. I tried it though, damn tasty :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Here's a spit roast i attended in greece..they'd just cut the head off before i grabbed my camera.
    8932_132005787729_774192729_2431687_5633556_n.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

ourservices3.gif

That's a piglet roast. A proper spit roast is a whole hog.

Also, if you're going to have a spit roast, at least have the decency to kill the hog yourself. It's the squeal that puts most people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think a BGRH road-trip is in order to the town of Ballyjamesduff in Cavan.

Now now, I hear you all asking why I would suggest such an insane idea as a trip to Cavan in a thread dedicated to such a glorious brotherly persuit as the spit-roast, but I do indeed have a reason.

The annual Ballyjamesduff pork festival.

That's right brothers, read that again.

Pork festival.

Celebrating all things awesome about pork. And there is a freshly spit-roasted porky in the town square available to all to be feasted upon (if we do this we might wanna give them a heads up and tell them to put on two extra piggies so Smashy and Trout can have one each).

Yes, I am serious about this. Last time I suggested an adventure in this forum it went ahead and everyone fecked off to Germany and left me here cos I couldn't make it (bastards :() so this is version 2.0 Whaddya say folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

orestes wrote: »
    I think a BGRH road-trip is in order to the town of Ballyjamesduff in Cavan.

Now now, I hear you all asking why I would suggest such an insane idea as a trip to Cavan in a thread dedicated to such a glorious brotherly persuit as the spit-roast, but I do indeed have a reason.

The annual Ballyjamesduff pork festival.

That's right brothers, read that again.

Pork festival.

Celebrating all things awesome about pork. And there is a freshly spit-roasted porky in the town square available to all to be feasted upon (if we do this we might wanna give them a heads up and tell them to put on two extra piggies so Smashy and Trout can have one each).

Yes, I am serious about this. Last time I suggested an adventure in this forum it went ahead and everyone fecked off to Germany and left me here cos I couldn't make it (bastards :() so this is version 2.0 Whaddya say folks?

I say yes. Start a new thread. Make it happen.

Advertisement