Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to play Rugby

Options
  • 16-08-2009 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭

Well as the title says I thought I would try and get a rugby team going and I figured I would start here, it is probably where all the forwards congegrate :)

So as the title says, anyone interested, we can work out the details if we have enough of a showing

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Surely there's something in the charter about the unnecessary expenditure of energy that would preclude this endeavour from ever coming to fruition? If not, I propose that it be added. Shame on you Popey, shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is mixed? otherwise I guess I will just have to oggle from the sidelines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Trout will have ye sorted for vaseline

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

am interested ....could be a way of getting fitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Zaph wrote: »
    Surely there's something in the charter about the unnecessary expenditure of energy that would preclude this endeavour from ever coming to fruition? If not, I propose that it be added. Shame on you Popey, shame.

It is a very manly endeavour long associated with drink and pork, along with Darts it is possibly one of the only sporting things that is in alignment with the Brotherhood code
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    It is mixed? otherwise I guess I will just have to oggle from the sidelines...

Well I was thinking of full contact rugby, not sure there is a mixed version of that

We can however look into Tag rugby at some stage as I wouldn't want to exclude the wimmins
    star-pants wrote: »
    Trout will have ye sorted for vaseline

That is a very disturbing comment :p
    PCPhoto wrote: »
    am interested ....could be a way of getting fitter.

Fitness has no place in the Brotherhood, this would be an exercise in showing the superiority and supremessy of the Brotherhood as we pummel others into submission

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Pimpey wrote: »
    That is a very disturbing comment :p
    Imagine how disturbed I was to hear the full story....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

This is what rugby players have for dinner

picture.php?albumid=634&pictureid=3660

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

trout wrote: »

Oh, when you put it like that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

trout wrote: »

picture.php?albumid=634&pictureid=3660
    Shame on you trout. That's what we get at half time while the girly soccer players munch on half an orange.

Oh yeah, who will be the hooker? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'll do it if it's tag and if someone can source pink boots for me. And I'll do contact for 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭DenMan

I think it will be great fun. Haven't played it in years though. Sounds awesome. Maybe a boards league.

Advertisement