Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts Tournment

Options
  • 13-08-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

To whom it may Concern,

We are running a Darts Tournament from October 30th to November 1st 2009 in the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel in Association with ’The Friends of Asthma’ Charity.
    This event will be the largest event in Ireland excluding PDC events.
    As well as raising money we are also keen to raise the awareness of the aims and objection of the charitable organisation.
    we also have two tickets to the ladbrooks.com world darts championship in alexandra palace in london to give away we will also have a monster raffle on the night.

Any help from yourself would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards, looking to hearing from you,

David
    086 1769496
    05793 247 46
    PSL Promotions
    www.pslpromotions.com
    psloffices@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

To whom it may Concern,

We are running a Darts Tournament from October 30th to November 1st 2009 in the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel in Association with ’The Friends of Asthma’ Charity.
    This event will be the largest event in Ireland excluding PDC events.
    As well as raising money we are also keen to raise the awareness of the aims and objection of the charitable organisation.
    We are contacting businesses nationwide to see would they kindly sponsor something towards the event, be it cash towards the running costs or maybe a prize that we could put into our monster raffle on the night.
    In return for this we would be delighted to have your logo on our poster and also offer your business links on our website and a place for your advertisements at the event itself.

Any help from yourself would be greatly appreciated

David
    086 1769496
    05793 247 46
    PSL Promotions
    www.pslpromotions.com
    psloffices@gmail.com

€100 entry feeeek.gif! Even though it's on my birthday don't think I'll be entering that!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

David
    086 1769496
    05793 247 46
    PSL Promotions
    www.pslpromotions.com
    psloffices@gmail.com

Won't be hearing from me either

You have a walk on song I see;

http://www.pslpromotions.com/application_forms_8.html

For your €100 do you get the artist to play your walk on song live?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

As you are clashing with round 1 of the Ireland Players Championship 2010
    you will be limited on numbers at 100 euros a time.

You mention PDC sponsored in your advert, but it clashes with the European Championship too.

Who are you looking to attract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 piothetimberman

1st of november we will have 8 lads left so i guess who ever wants to play in the players championship in kilkenny that day its really up to them

• Advertisement

Why is this being run over 3 days? With €100 to enter add to that hotel bills for 2 or 3 days this would be a very expensive weekend. There is a recession on you know :confused::confused:

vindaloo1 wrote: »
    As you are clashing with round 1 of the Ireland Players Championship 2010
    you will be limited on numbers at 100 euros a time.

You mention PDC sponsored in your advert, but it clashes with the European Championship too.

Who are you looking to attract?

Also clashes with

October 31st., 2009.

Round Robin Singles Tournament at Shirley's Pub, Kells, Co. Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

There would want to be more than one competition for two nights and €100 entry no offence but there is a recession on you know this may have worked a few years ago but I doubt it would work this year, tournments with €20 entry fees are failing to attract numbers, but good luck with it anyway.

Also clashes with

October 31st., 2009.

Round Robin Singles Tournament at Shirley's Pub, Kells, Co. Kilkenny

Might head to that, how much is that to enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

There is a limited number of places avaiable in the Round Robin in Shirley's.

Give Joe Coyne a buzz at 085-1596550 and he will sort you out.

• Advertisement

Dartgod wrote: »
    There is a limited number of places avaiable in the Round Robin in Shirley's.

Give Joe Coyne a buzz at 085-1596550 and he will sort you out.

Cheers again God!;)

No problem, Rat !
    Forgot to ask you - what day is your birthday - might send you a e-card !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 piothetimberman

i guess some people are just two smart but i dont mind beacuse i can just keep blocking yee anyone thats not happ about the price of our entry fee thats of course yer choich to play in it and in relation to colideing with the first round of the players championship in kilkenny thats also peoples choice to play in that THIS IS A CHARITY DARTS TOURNMENT FOR FRIENDS OF ASTHMA and there is 4 of them a year going to be arranged so its really up to each person to play in it if they want and if they dont want to thats fine but there is no need to be smart about it and as for the other tournment in kerry in feburary if that collides with something so be it EVERYONE knows of someone that has asthma and theses events are two raise money for the charity and in relation to the entry fee of €100 the total prize fund is €15,000

Dartgod wrote: »
    No problem, Rat !
    Forgot to ask you - what day is your birthday - might send you a e-card !

31st of October, cheers Dartgod!:D

i guess some people are just two smart but i dont mind beacuse i can just keep blocking yee anyone thats not happ about the price of our entry fee thats of course yer choich to play in it and in relation to colideing with the first round of the players championship in kilkenny thats also peoples choice to play in that THIS IS A CHARITY DARTS TOURNMENT FOR FRIENDS OF ASTHMA and there is 4 of them a year going to be arranged so its really up to each person to play in it if they want and if they dont want to thats fine but there is no need to be smart about it and as for the other tournment in kerry in feburary if that collides with something so be it EVERYONE knows of someone that has asthma and theses events are two raise money for the charity and in relation to the entry fee of €100 the total prize fund is €15,000

I appriciate what you are doing for darts and for charity! I used to have Asthma myself when I was young so fair play! Hope you get a big turnout but I'm out as I won't be paying €100 for any tournament and please don't send me annoying pm's again, you'll also get a better turn out if you are a bit more polite my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

ratinakeg wrote: »
    31st of October, cheers Dartgod!:D

Halloween...scary

So you are a Halloween baby, Rat !
    Mine is November 1st. - - - I'm a saint !
    If you are in Kilkenny we can celebrate.

So you are a Halloween baby, Rat !
    Mine is November 1st. - - - I'm a saint !
    If you are in Kilkenny we can celebrate.

Born at 23:55 on halloween day! Scary alright Greened!:D

I'll give your man a call in the morning, hopefully my form is back to normal by then!;):D We'll have a good drink up!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

This thread is a bit of a train wreck so I'm going to close it.

If anyone wants info on this tournament then pm piothetimberman

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement