Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever hit a fly on a dart board?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Lads,

we all have been pissed of at a fly buzzing around a board when we are playing.

I was having a few pints tonight (to many) and throwing at the board with a few of the lads. A fly kept flying around and landing on the board or the surround. We all had shots at him. I was at the oche and he landed on the surround. Missed him wiht the first dart, the fly landed between double and triple six. Nailed him with my second dart. Fcuking could not stop laughing after that dart and could barley hit the board le alone score after that.

Anyone else ever done it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

greened wrote: »
    Lads,

we all have been pissed of at a fly buzzing around a board when we are playing.

I was having a few pints tonight (to many) and throwing at the board with a few of the lads. A fly kept flying around and landing on the board or the surround. We all had shots at him. I was at the oche and he landed on the surround. Missed him wiht the first dart, the fly landed between double and triple six. Nailed him with my second dart. Fcuking could not stop laughing after that dart and could barley hit the board le alone score after that.

Anyone else ever done it?

That is class, brilliant story mate!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

could not believe it. Laughed like a child after hitting him. Lost the next game I played in. An auld lad at the bar said " he could hit a fly but not a double"

Fekcing priceless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

A photo woulda been quality!

Yes, would have been. laughing to much to think of it. Surprised I remembered to post. the surprising thing was that the fly was not killed. The 3rd person that went up to look pulled the dart out and the fly flew away. Quickly dropped to the foor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

my da done it once before, were having a game ans a fly was buzzing around, he was getting really pi**ed off. had double top left and the fly landed on the right on top of the wall, he threw a dart for double top missed, went f**k it and threw at the fly smashed it and then went back and hit double top, i was pi**ing myself laughing

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    my da done it once before, were having a game ans a fly was buzzing around, he was getting really pi**ed off. had double top left and the fly landed on the right on top of the wall, he threw a dart for double top missed, went f**k it and threw at the fly smashed it and then went back and hit double top, i was pi**ing myself laughing

great moment to recall.

Brilliant story D.T, your da is legend! Must of being a great laugh that night!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Brilliant story D.T, your da is legend! Must of being a great laugh that night!:D

it was brilliant, it's the first time i have ever seen him angry in a game of darts, but to hit the fly and then just throw the dart at the double and ping it dead center just made me melt with laughter, cos he spun around and shook my hand and said "good wasn't it" without one hint of emotion:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

it was brilliant, it's the first time i have ever seen him angry in a game of darts, but to hit the fly and then just throw the dart at the double and ping it dead center just made me melt with laughter, cos he spun around and shook my hand and said "good wasn't it" without one hint of emotion:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL!!!:D:D Very cool customer!:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great stories lads :)

Have to say I have never had a fly land on my board before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

One of the lads hit a fly back years ago with his first dart in our old local never seen it done since this story reminded me about it, this is also the guy who droped his lit fag and it landed upright on the butt another night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

rumour has it, its the same fly thats been hit 3 times...... he loves darts so much his ambition is to become a FLYght:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

rumour has it, its the same fly thats been hit 3 times...... he loves darts so much his ambition is to become a FLYght:D

He would be a good doubles partner he would get you off to a FLYer every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Class story!

Advertisement