Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem is sh1te!!!

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

All Eminem is these days is a really bad version of weird al yankovic.
    He just slags off easy targets like Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse etc, with really [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL] cheesy music and awful vocals.

Anyone else agree, he should just give up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

That would certainly be my perspective on it.

Problem these days is hip hop isn't as big as it was in the 90's so you aren't seeing alot of new names crossing over and becoming big. That leaves the likes of Eminem, 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg in the limelight despite being years past their prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

i ve been a fan from the start, and while i agree some of his new albumis not as good as his old stuff i do not think he should give up. cant wait for relapse 2 to see whats in store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

shivkk06 wrote: »
    i ve been a fan from the start, and while i agree some of his new albumis not as good as his old stuff i do not think he should give up. cant wait for relapse 2 to see whats in store

Get weird Al's stuff too, you'll obviously like that too

actually no smart ass i ve heard weird al and i dont like him

actually no smart ass i ve heard weird al and i dont like him

Its similar except Weird Al is funnier

• Advertisement

its down to matter of opinion really aint it, i like eminem and i dont like weird al be boring place if we all had same opinions

its down to matter of opinion really aint it, i like eminem and i dont like weird al be boring place if we all had same opinions

No it wouldnt, it would be a great place. There's be no arguing or anything.

Anyway i think we all have to agree Eminem isnt very talented, i mean if my full time job was to come up with rhymes slagging off other celebs, i'm pretty sure i could do it. not very hard.
    Hell the 98fm crew do as good a job as eminem making up little rhymes.

no we dont have to agree on that at all, i do think that he is very tatlented and if u using the 98fm as ref they obvoiusly nto as talented or they wouldnt be sitting in some radio doing it they would be out makin millions as well but there not so that defeats the purpose of ur argument

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Till I Collapse is an awesome song. I don't see how you can deny that he has talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

All Eminem is these days is a really bad version of weird al yankovic.
    He just slags off easy targets like Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse etc, with really cr@p cheesy music and awful vocals.

Anyone else agree, he should just give up!
    Do you even like hip hop music?? Eminem is one of the most talented rappers ever when he was in his prime.
    Should he retire? well as long as he's making tracks like deja vu and my darling i dont see why he should.
    I'd say around 15% of his stuff is about taken the piss outta celebraties.
    His commercial stuff is rubbish but listen to stuff like his 1t album (infinite) and try say he isn't talented.

• Advertisement

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Do you even like hip hop music?? Eminem is one of the most talented rappers ever when he was in his prime.
    Should he retire? well as long as he's making tracks like deja vu and my darling i dont see why he should.
    I'd say around 15% of his stuff is about taken the piss outta celebraties.
    His commercial stuff is rubbish but listen to stuff like his 1t album (infinite) and try say he isn't talented.

And now he's like weird Al, with childish head wrecking beats and the same old lyrics slagging off Britney, Jessica Simpson YAWN ZZZZZZZZZ he's boring!

no we dont have to agree on that at all, i do think that he is very tatlented and if u using the 98fm as ref they obvoiusly nto as talented or they wouldnt be sitting in some radio doing it they would be out makin millions as well but there not so that defeats the purpose of ur argument

The cheeky girls had a song in the charts, Boyzone made millions, this doesnt mean they have talent.
    Some people would listen to any old tripe, like yourself :D

well for you to have started the thread you must be listening to it "any old tripe" to be able to have an honest opinion on it if nit ur just wasting peoples time by starting a thread on something you know nothing about. At end of day it down to personal choice you dont like eminem thats fair enough but many of us do and we are entitled with out been slagged off for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Nobody is disputing the fact he had talent, but he's been wasting it lately. He's had a few alright tracks in the last year but the majority of them are marred by ****e production, his irritating new style delivery or just lack of interesting subject matter.

well for you to have started the thread you must be listening to it "any old tripe" to be able to have an honest opinion on it if nit ur just wasting peoples time by starting a thread on something you know nothing about. At end of day it down to personal choice you dont like eminem thats fair enough but many of us do and we are entitled with out been slagged off for it

I cant help but hear it. Didnt slag you off, just said you listen to what in my opinion is tripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Benhonan

I'll be the first to say that Eminem has put out some god awful sh1te over the years. Still no one should judge him without listening to these tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGAiervjo2E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUzpRH2sBdQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN1_Hm4vTRk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgyJpqwbKY

If you still think he's sh1te after listening to these that's fine. Personally I think it would mean you have terrible taste in Hip Hop, but that's your own opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 booboobear

ah he has become Shi1te.
    But he used to be dope and tripping Dude.
    Foe shizzle. Keep it real. Gangsta.
    D12 Moe Foe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

The blonde hair thing put me right off him, he has talent, his music CAN be good.
    His image and style alone put me right off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The blonde hair thing put me right off him, he has talent, his music CAN be good.
    His image and style alone put me right off him.

Then youll love him now hes back to brown hair and his clothes arent half as baggy. Thankfully he seems to have a bit of cop on not like Westwood still thinking hes 14.

If he doesnt have songs produced with the young market in mind then he will not sell albums simple as. 14 year olds will scream along to We Made You and Crack a Bottle but will almost certainly not understand the complex lyrics or meaning behind songs like Criminal, Role Model and my favourite Biterphobia. This means basically that he is writing for two target audiences and clearly he will not please everyone but then who can.

OP take a listen to his latest diss of Mariah Carey and then try to say again that hes sh1t, you never know you could be next haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

If you don't like him fair enough but comparing him to Weird Al Yankovich is way off the fcukin mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I used to like him but that beautiful song is terrible, pure christina aguilera rubbish. He's long past it to be honest

By the way this is a better video with til I collapse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoMEJGJ86Tg

If you don't like him fair enough but comparing him to Weird Al Yankovich is way off the fcukin mark.

How is it, his songs are jokey now, with childish annoying beats, slagging off the same celebs, the easy targets.
    The only thing thats way off is weird Als songs are in some way funny, Eminems are sh1te, same bullsh1t over n over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

How is it, his songs are jokey now, with childish annoying beats, slagging off the same celebs, the easy targets.
    The only thing thats way off is weird Als songs are in some way funny, Eminems are sh1te, same bullsh1t over n over.

Do you only bother listening to his singles or what. Look up Careful What You Wish For, it's a bonus track on his latest album. Its a hundred times better than his celebrity bashing malarky

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

First 2 albums were and are brilliant. He lost it with the trailer trash social commentary, that was as obvious as it was bland. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭WalkOn

Gotta larf at this. Em has done loads for commercial rap. Made his $$ and some good trax. To say he is ****e is a bit off. For a white guy he has done well in a black music industry. Yeah vanilla ice doesn't count (beastie boys). I like em myself met him a few times very shy but speaks from the heart which means something. ****e he is not mainstream yes but that is where the $$ is afterall. Props!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

careful what you wish for is a decent track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭gerrydonnelly

It's true that he hasn't made a good album for some time. I thought he did give up in order to get over his addiction to pills. Can't say I heard his comeback album, so don't know if it's any good but looking at him on recent TV interviews he looked happier when he was using drugs.

I always think he's like Elvis, an over rated white man who has made a fortune from black music. Both of them were really great when they first appeared on the scene but stopped making exciting, fresh music after a couple of years.
    Without Dr Dre's considerable help I doubt that Eminem would have been half as successful.

If you like hip hop check the music of Talib Kweli, good music, intelligent lyrics.

quote=Fink Goddie;61535240]All Eminem is these days is a really bad version of weird al yankovic.
    He just slags off easy targets like Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse etc, with really cr@p cheesy music and awful vocals.

Anyone else agree, he should just give up![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

lol at eminem having no talent, he is quality imo BUT I will say ive listen through relapse abit and I really really dont the album. Seems to me he has changed his voice some and sounds stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

No it wouldnt, it would be a great place. There's be no arguing or anything.

Anyway i think we all have to agree Eminem isnt very talented, i mean if my full time job was to come up with rhymes slagging off other celebs, i'm pretty sure i could do it. not very hard.
    Hell the 98fm crew do as good a job as eminem making up little rhymes.

Come on man,that's ridiculous.He's easily one of the most talented MC's to have ever lived.
    Sure,some of his most recent stuff isn't up to the level of his first 3 albums,but neither is anyone else's.(his 1st 3 albums have been listed on The Rolling Stones list of 500 greatest ever albums)As for slagging off other celebs,this is part of the eminem everyone has come to know and love(or hate).Nobody pokes fun at celebs better than Marshall Mathers, and in most cases, it's all in good fun.(barring the odd Mariah Carey/Christina Aguilera remark!)
    Become more familiar with his lyrics, you may be pleasantly surprised.
    Listen to "Just dont give a f**k".Sure,the language is profane, but i defy you to tell me there is no skill involved in the rhyming involved.
    Anyway, in conclusion, he's great,lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

his next album better not be as dark

Advertisement