Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Spanish in Spain

Options
  • 08-08-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

Does anyone know if grants are available from the Irish Government to study Spanish in Spain?

It's a long shot but I've heard of programmes like Erasmus,Da Vinci etc which may help.

I'm facing the dole queue in December but I don't think welfare will support students abroad.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

Danboy wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if grants are available from the Irish Government to study Spanish in Spain?

It's a long shot but I've heard of programmes like Erasmus,Da Vinci etc which may help.

I'm facing the dole queue in December but I don't think welfare will support students abroad.

Thanks

Why not take a year out and go a teach English in spain and learn spanish at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Danboy

I will get a TEFL cert before I go, not sure how difficult it would be to get a job teaching English though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

http://www.spainexchange.com/es/intercambio_idioma/exchange_by2.php?sort=language_offers&type=en

But there are lots of jobs for Irish people to Teach english in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Danboy wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

I am not Irish so I might be wrong, but I think Erasmus is more a student exchange... A great experience, btw, I have had my Erasmus time in Spain ;)

Teaching in Spain used to be rather easy but from what I hear from my friends - the recession has hit them quite a bit as well... But who knows - if you have TEFL and - first of all! - if you enjoy and CAN teach, maybe you could find sth...

Take into consideration that life in Spain is MUCH cheaper :) and if you cannot teach in language schools, you can always try private tuition!

Advertisement