Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Skype to play online matches

Options
  • 08-08-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Right lads myself and ratinakeg just gave this a test run.
    It was pretty successful although a little slow.
    I think the best thing to do is :

If you can get a game going remotly on darts pro then do so and just use skype to see the other persons board.

If you are unable to play remotly on darts pro for any reason then just use a local501 game on darts pro or N01 and the combination of seeing your opponents board and him/her being able to say what they scored will make it work out for us.

This is just an option for those of us who cant get dartspro working.
    It will take some time to get up to the speed of remote dartspro but i think its well worth taking a look at

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Right lads myself and ratinakeg just gave this a test run.
    It was pretty successful although a little slow.
    I think the best thing to do is :

If you can get a game going remotly on darts pro then do so and just use skype to see the other persons board.

If you are unable to play remotly on darts pro for any reason then just use a local501 game on darts pro or N01 and the combination of seeing your opponents board and him/her being able to say what they scored will make it work out for us.

This is just an option for those of us who cant get dartspro working.
    It will take some time to get up to the speed of remote dartspro but i think its well worth taking a look at

Its the best I've seen, it's easy enough to set up! Dartspro is getting on my nerves, might have to pull out of the league as I can't play against other players and I don't think everyody has a web cam!:( Skype is a bit slow but it's the best! By the way Daffy thashed me 3-0, them darts have made him better, that is all we need a better Daffy!;):P

I'll give you a game soon Daffy, I'm gonna warm up for that by playing my mate now.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

ok mate how about 7 of half past?

ok mate how about 7 of half past?

I'll probably be half cut by then but feck it, yeah I'll play!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Can you do conference calls on skype, so other people can watch the game?

• Advertisement

yeah you can do calls and chats but i dont think you can do conference video calls but to be honest i have never tried it mate

yeah you can do calls and chats but i dont think you can do conference video calls but to be honest i have never tried it mate

OK, just wondered. I know you can on yahoo, you just grant access to view your webcam to whoever requests it.

It would be great if we could do that with skype mate.

Well Daffy and meself have dartspro working perfect now, so we had a match with both Skype and dartspro going at the same time. It's great that you can see your oppenant's throw and Skype is not really that slow! Maybe we can use this in the league when everybody gets sorted with dartspro!

Yeah it was actually great seeing your opponents darts going in while a remote game was in progress, it was no different or slower to playing as we were before on Dartpro :D

As i said before if you cant get dartpro working as a remote game we can still play matches by using skype.

Pm me if you need any details on it lads and i will do my best to help :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

My webcam is crap, it doesn't have zoom on it so I would have to have my laptop right up to my board for this to work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Will invest when I get a couple of quid, I have a lot of outgoing money this month :(

Advertisement