Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Singles in Rockchapel, Co. Cork.

Options
  • 07-08-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

The John O'Loughlin Memorial Cup - Open Singles

Saturday, August 15th., at Paddy Molloy's Bar, Rockchapel, Co. Cork.
    Entry fee € 15. Entries from 11.00 am. Starting at 12 noon.

Prize Fund:
    Winner: € 1,000 ; Runner-up: € 500 ; S/finalists: 2 x € 100 ; Q/finalists: 4 x € 50
    Prize for Highest Check-out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Dartgod wrote: »
    The John O'Loughlin Memorial Cup - Open Singles

Saturday, August 15th., at Paddy Molloy's Bar, Rockchapel, Co. Cork.
    Entry fee € 15. Entries from 11.00 am. Starting at 12 noon.

Prize Fund:
    Winner: € 1,000 ; Runner-up: € 500 ; S/finalists: 2 x € 100 ; Q/finalists: 4 x € 50
    Prize for Highest Check-out.

Who is organising this, and where the feck is Rockchapel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Rockchapel is in the northwest corner of County Cork about 40 miles from Killarney.
    Give Neilus Doody a buzz and he will give all the info that you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Who is organising this, and where the feck is Rockchapel?

Memorial for Pat's late brother John being run by Pat Loughlin.
    Good money advertised !
    Rockchapel tiny village about 10 miles from Abbeyfeale. Turn off Limerick-Tralee rd 2 miles West of Abbeyfeale then 2nd left and follow signposts.. If you don't know where Abbeyfeale is of course then you're up ****e Creek without that well know paddle.

If you don't know where Abbeyfeale is of course then you're up ****e Creek without that well know paddle.

Thats me then, never been anywhere near Abbeyfeale :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Thats me then, never been anywhere near Abbeyfeale :eek:
    From Killarney if you head towards Castleisland and continue on the N21 towards Abbeyfeale. About 2 miles before Abbeyfeale you'll see a turn off right i think signposted Newmarket R576. If you take this road it's straight on to Rockchapel about 10 miles on. Road isn't great so give yourself plenty of time if your going!

• Advertisement

dartbhoy wrote: »
    From Killarney if you head towards Castleisland and continue on the N21 towards Abbeyfeale. About 2 miles before Abbeyfeale you'll see a turn off right i think signposted Newmarket R576. If you take this road it's straight on to Rockchapel about 10 miles on. Road isn't great so give yourself plenty of time if your going!

Good directions, you're right about roads.
    Rockchapel not a place you'd stumble across by accident but sound people there.

If it's run like the majority of competions here it won't start on time and it'll probably go on until early hours of Sunday, think I might go over to the Millwall game instead.

If it's run like the majority of competions here it won't start on time and it'll probably go on until early hours of Sunday, think I might go over to the Millwall game instead.

No way will it be late, this one thankfully not being by the new Kerry Darts Organisation and finishing at dawn. Check in time from 11am, start 12 noon sharp. Tournament is a memorial with E1,800 Prize money guaranteed by Pat regardless of how many turn up. Even allowing for a break for plenty complementary free grub its due to finish at about 6pm.
    ''Millwall'' ??

Looking at the directions to get to Rockchapel I'd say it will be quicker and easier to get to Millwall. By the way do I know you Any Double !

No way will it be late, this one thankfully not being by the new Kerry Darts Organisation and finishing at dawn. Check in time from 11am, start 12 noon sharp. Tournament is a memorial with E1,800 Prize money guaranteed by Pat regardless of how many turn up. Even allowing for a break for plenty complementary free grub its due to finish at about 6pm.
    ''Millwall'' ??

Not just Kerry comps that don't start on time :mad: and it says €1900 Guaranteed prize money on flyer I was given :confused:

• Advertisement

Not just Kerry comps that don't start on time :mad:
    Your're dead right. Too true, Healey Raes legendary by its finishing time. Darby O'Gills in your neighbourhood even worse and they suffered for this in last tourny with few turning up.
    My worry is not for them but the poor devils trying to get home at 3-4am and that someone may eventually be involved in an accident then or a few hrs later when bleary eyed going to work. This is what worries me most with regard to the county trials as the County Board are showing total disregard or their players well-being by their starting at 8pm.
    Most other Counties have trials finished by then.

Your're dead right. Too true, Healey Raes legendary by its finishing time. Darby O'Gills in your neighbourhood even worse and they suffered for this in last tourny with few turning up.
    My worry is not for them but the poor devils trying to get home at 3-4am and that someone may eventually be involved in an accident then or a few hrs later when bleary eyed going to work. This is what worries me most with regard to the county trials as the County Board are showing total disregard or their players well-being by their starting at 8pm.
    Most other Counties have trials finished by then.

Were you at Rathmore last night, what time did it finish? Racking my brains here trying to work out who you are :confused:

Were you at Rathmore last night, what time did it finish? Racking my brains here trying to work out who you are :confused:

Last night was good in Rathmore, they are getting better as it finished around midnight, most games went quick.
    Denis ''Speedy'' O'Mahoney from Castleisland beat Jamie Kelliher 4-0 in final with 3 big finishes. Jamie had beaten him earlier but as its run as a round robin type system Denis popped up again in the final.
    He is playing well as has Jamie throughout the trials, some very consistent performances are being put in overall by many players.
    Some of the top players in the county strangely though have not played at all in the trials. Whether its distance, lateness of trials, or maybe they might not be able to get away for a full weekend later on in the season for the intercounty champs so it would be pointless then playing in trials and maybe taking points off other players that can travel. Whatever the reason they will be sorely missed for experience alone. Hopefully they may still turn up later on at some trials. Again of course money is very tight now with many players out of work through no fault of their own and strangely too that different to other counties there is no prize money paid on the day of trials. It would seem better to pay a litte out each day to the last 8 maybe and put the rest in the kitty. Surely it would be a waste to spend it all in one weekend away. Still some very good players have already played in the trials and they definitely deserve their place but it would be nice to have the best team out.

As for who I am ??....Noboday at all....!

Last night was good in Rathmore, they are getting better as it finished around midnight, most games went quick.
    Denis ''Speedy'' O'Mahoney from Castleisland beat Jamie Kelliher 4-0 in final with 3 big finishes. Jamie had beaten him earlier but as its run as a round robin type system Denis popped up again in the final.
    He is playing well as has Jamie throughout the trials, some very consistent performances are being put in overall by many players.
    Some of the top players in the county strangely though have not played at all in the trials. Whether its distance, lateness of trials, or maybe they might not be able to get away for a full weekend later on in the season for the intercounty champs so it would be pointless then playing in trials and maybe taking points off other players that can travel. Whatever the reason they will be sorely missed for experience alone. Hopefully they may still turn up later on at some trials. Again of course money is very tight now with many players out of work through no fault of their own and strangely too that different to other counties there is no prize money paid on the day of trials. It would seem better to pay a litte out each day to the last 8 maybe and put the rest in the kitty. Surely it would be a waste to spend it all in one weekend away. Still some very good players have already played in the trials and they definitely deserve their place but it would be nice to have the best team out.

As for who I am ??....Noboday at all....!

Wow, midnight. Not bad, I left at around 11.20pm. So Speedy has won two in a row now then.

Wow, midnight. Not bad, I left at around 11.20pm. So Speedy has won two in a row now then.
    Yes Speedy going well. Must be top, pity no rankings in Kerryman etc, who is PRO for c ounty ??

Yes Speedy going well. Must be top, pity no rankings in Kerryman etc, who is PRO for c ounty ??

No idea who PRO is. I am sliding down the rankings after a good start but missed the Milltown and Tralee nights and will probably only make 4 or 5 out of the remaining trials.

No idea who PRO is. I am sliding down the rankings after a good start but missed the Milltown and Tralee nights and will probably only make 4 or 5 out of the remaining trials.
    Thats a pity, still one good result would change that. I'm not sure but I believe the panel for Intercountiy team would be 15 so there are many places up for grabs.

Do you play in the trials yourself?

Do you play in the trials yourself?
    I play in this and that and here and there when I can !

A lot of top players turned up in Rockchapel.

Willie O'Connor has just beaten Brendan Dolan in first semi.

Ian Dobson v Aodhagan O'Neill now on.

• Advertisement

A lot of top players turned up in Rockchapel.

Willie O'Connor has just beaten Brendan Dolan in first semi.

Ian Dobson v Aodhagan O'Neill now on.
    That's 4 of Ireland's finest players represented,great to have top quality players in new tournaments,hopefully this tournament will become an annual event.

Willie O'Connor beat Ian Dobson 7-4 in the final.

With the way Willie O'Connor is playing at the moment he'll surely be favourite to win the Tom Kirby matchplay next Sunday and qualify for the 2010 PDC World Championship.

Willie O'Connor beat Ian Dobson 7-4 in the final.
    Great tournament. Quality field
    Players from 6 Different counties in Quarter Finals.
    Great to see Sean Marshall there and getting to Quarters as he continues his battle against illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

Heard this didn't start until nearly 2pm, so much for the 12 noon sharp :rolleyes:

Antoine56 wrote: »
    Heard this didn't start until nearly 2pm, so much for the 12 noon sharp :rolleyes:

Dead right, it's a pain when you make the effort to be there ontime, only to be hanging around for hours on end waiting for it to start.

Advertisement