Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing darts moments!

Options
  • 06-08-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Was practising in the Tassie on Saturday and the darts kept slipping out of my hands for some reason, making me look like a complete clown especially when I hit the wall, thankfully I improved for my game eventually losing 4-1 to a good player. I've been playing all week since then and the darts are not slipping and I'm actually quite happy with my darts!

Any more embarrassing stories folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Away to the lough inn, they opened up the board, my go for a few shots, pulled up my arm to get my aim and the dart slipped out of my hand flying backwards :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

playing in the thatch in sallynoggin years ago had 144 left hit 2 treble 20s and went for double 14 and hit it started to turn round to shake the other players had when the caller called too many .Nearly died everyone breaking there hearts laughing except me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

CORRO77 wrote: »
    playing in the thatch in sallynoggin years ago had 144 left hit 2 treble 20s and went for double 14 and hit it started to turn round to shake the other players had when the caller called too many .Nearly died everyone breaking there hearts laughing except me.

Brilliant story, even though that was a brilliant checkout you would have to laugh!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Had too many to remember but the last one was down in Bray at the boards day out !!

I had 168 left in a leg against MBC. I looked at the chalk board and obviously didnt look hard enough as i thought it said 198 left so naturally i thought to myself " Jaysus a 180 would be nice here"

Threw the darts and hit the 180 only to be told " no score"
    It was only then i realised my mistake :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

CORRO77 wrote: »

Exact same thing cept with 139 I went T19, T20, D16, wouldn't mind but it was against a team mate in the final. would of made it 2-2, I lost 3-1. Sickening thing was it was the only competition I ever had a good chance of winning.

Incidentally I bust 134 in the previous leg, went T20, S20 and was going for S18 to leave the double, right bang in the heart of the treble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

First throw triple 20
    Second throw clipped the wire single 20
    Third throw bounced off the board hit a nun sitting in the front seat in the temple, killed her outright.
    Caller looks at the nun, looks at the board and calls "One nun dead and eighty"

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

I play darts regulary and 95% of my throws are embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Had too many to remember but the last one was down in Bray at the boards day out !!

I had 168 left in a leg against MBC. I looked at the chalk board and obviously didnt look hard enough as i thought it said 198 left so naturally i thought to myself " Jaysus a 180 would be nice here"

Threw the darts and hit the 180 only to be told " no score"
    It was only then i realised my mistake :o:o

Not me Daffyboy ;) DT is the guilty party here.

MBC wrote: »
    Not me Daffyboy ;) DT is the guilty party here.

Are you sure mate?? I thought it was in the quarter final against you and not in the final of the online tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Are you sure mate?? I thought it was in the quarter final against you and not in the final of the online tourney

Defo wasnt mate as I wasnt at the bray tournie.....unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Sorry mate my bad :o:o

Jaysus i've a memory like a piece of swiss cheese , i cant for the life of me remember who i was playing when i bust the 168 !!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Jaysus i've a memory like a piece of swiss cheese , i cant for the life of me remember who i was playing when i bust the 168 !!:o

it was against mark ennis, i was marking the game:D:D:D:D

Ah cheers DT , head is relaxed now lol

Advertisement