Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie hobbs' advice on mortgages

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

mick kk wrote: »
    Eddie Hobbs was on mooney on rte there about two weeks ago. He was advising people to go out and fix their mortgages ASAP as he reckons now is the best time to do this. I found this advice very strange. Surely with interest rates so low, the best place to be is an a variable rate mortgage or to remain in a tracker mortgage (as far as I am aware, those in tracker mortgages are literally laughing all the way to the bank). Anyone an opinion on this... I don't trust him.
    Just read back over this old thread. Eddie Hobbs got it horribly wrong advising people to fix there interest rates including people on trackers. I've always found him very good in the past but am glad I didn't listen to him and switch off my tracker. It made no sense at the time and couldn't believe what he was saying. There will be probably be two more interest rate cuts by the ECB apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

indenial wrote: »
    Just read back over this old thread. Eddie Hobbs got it horribly wrong advising people to fix there interest rates including people on trackers. I've always found him very good in the past but am glad I didn't listen to him and switch off my tracker. It made no sense at the time and couldn't believe what he was saying. There will be probably be two more interest rate cuts by the ECB apparently.

Ditto,

Thought it was bad advice also. The ECB rate will hit 0.5% in New Year with two inital drops in January.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't bump threads from the depths..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement