Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Business of Auditioning

Options
  • 06-08-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I just got this from the Filmbase newsletter and thought it might be of interest to anyone who is looking to get in to acting...

The Business of Auditioning

Panel Discussion in Filmbase

Filmbase are hosting a Seminar on The Business of Auditioning for aspiring screen actors on Wednesday 26th August, 6:30 – 9pm. The session is aimed at new and emerging actors who are looking to learn more about the casting and audition process for film, television and commercials.

The panel for the seminar includes Casting Director Thyrza Ging whose credits include Prosperity, George Gently, Savage, Badly Drawn Roy; Director Paddy Breathneach (Shrooms, Man About Dog, I Went Down) and actor Hugh O’Connor (Chocolat, The Young Poisoner’s Handbook, Summer of the Flying Saucer, My Left Foot). The Panel will cover topics including Headshots and CVs, preparing for castings, audition technique, taking direction and how to be smart in the acting world. The seminar will conclude with audience Questions and Answers.

Tea, coffee and light refreshments will be provided on the evening along with an opportunity to meet and discuss the trials of auditioning with your fellow actors.

Places on the seminar cost €10 and are strictly limited and MUST be booked in advance. To book a place, contact Filmbase on 01 679 6716 or email info@filmbase.ie.

Aspiring actors may also be interested in listening to a Podcast Interview with Thyrza Ging on the Film Ireland website. The podcast can be found at: www.filmireland.net/2009/05/21/audition-advice-for-actors-from-casting-director-thyrza-ging/

Advertisement