Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT WOMEN WANT: BEER BELLIES AND HAIRY CHESTS

Options
  • 05-08-2009 8:29pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

MEN with beer bellies can relax and let it all hang out.

Women have admitted they find them attractive and prefer real men to so-called metrosexuals, according to a survey.
    Eight out of 10 females no longer go for the tall, slim, feminine look sported by celebrities including footballers Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham and Rio Ferdinand.
    They prefer “real men” such as James Bond actor Daniel Craig and Philip Glenister, star of TV police series Life On Mars and its sequel Ashes To Ashes.
    Manly men complete with hairy chests, messy hair and a beer belly were the most popular, a study found, contradicting the popular belief that women found well-groomed, clean-cut men the most appealing. Only one in five preferred a metrosexual man. The rest found footballers Ronaldo and Ferdinand unattractive because they had taken the look too far with tight-fitting shorts and feminine accessories.
    In further good news for males, the study of more than 5,000 women found 10 per cent liked the smell of beer on their men. One in 10 did not mind their partners having “moobs”, the nickname for “man boobs”, and a fifth found “a bit of body odour” appealing. The biggest turn-offs were men straightening their hair, drinking cocktails by the pool, wearing sarongs and sunbathing all day on holiday.
    A spokesman for Lion Bar ice cream, which carried out the survey, said yesterday: “This is great news for real men this summer. They can get their roar back and ditch the moisturiser, manicures and tight shorts. British blokes can also wear their Speedos with pride, even if they have a bit of belly, and welcome the wolf whistles as they walk down the beach with pride.”

There You have it folks. Bring on the Steaks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

\0/

Bring on the wimmins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

smashey wrote: »
    \0/

Bring on the wimmins.

yup yup, this is poon city

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

hmm, "James Bond actor Daniel Craig" he is real man yes, big belly no.

But you displayed yours at Xmas beers, and there was no hair. :confused:
    What is the point of this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I definitely like real men. Broad shoulders, bit of meat, strong... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Knee Grow Plz

I like real women the same. Seen your pics ;)

pm sent

haha :D
    I like real women the same. Seen your pics ;)

The ones I took of your ma? I'm quite the photographer, indeed! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

2895366170055079378S600x600Q85.jpg

...Celebration Drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

:( no talk of hairy backs and sholders.... hmmmm im fecked so...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Knee Grow Plz

haha :D

The ones I took of your ma? I'm quite the photographer, indeed! :cool:

Perhaps, I don't think my mother has been here, but I was talking about your pics in another forum. My mom may be there but if she was she was fat/happy.

She was her self.

Perhaps, I don't think my mother has been here, but I was talking about your pics in another forum...

Hoooooooooooooooold on! So you were taking an informed stab at me!? :eek::(:mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

woah woah woah

Dont Bust a Nut, Bust a Grooove...

Perhaps, I don't think my mother has been here, but I was talking about your pics in another forum. My mom may be there but if she was she was fat/happy.

She was her self.

Pics! or GTFO! :pac:

punchdrunk wrote: »
    Pics! or GTFO! :pac:

Pictures of the mother, I assume!

Pictures of the mother, I assume!

fair game... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

hmm, "James Bond actor Daniel Craig" he is real man yes, big belly no.
    He is a metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

*wonders that due to the fact that he is one of the hairiest people on the planet does this mean that if he goes next friday with a 70's style unbuttoned shirt willthe womens be just to be turned on to talk to him*

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Careful now. If men can get away with it, women will think they can too. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I say bollocks to these findings, I've been sporting the hairyness and beer belly for my entire adult life. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Women find beer bellies attractive, my arse. Stupid ****ing study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

You're just jealous :p

Us Brothers of long standing have discovered that Wimmins are irresistably drawn to us

we figure it is a combination of girth and pheremones that provide an irresistable lure that younger men aspire to but cannot measure up too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

wel; tbh imo hairy chests are THE SEX!!!!! love it oh yes!!!!!
    and as for beer bellies, wel id defonitly pick the biggest beer belly over something skinny and scranny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paul larry

NBB Bohs wrote: »
    ye but hot girls don't use forums generally.

what a sweeping statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways im raising a glass to ahiry chests and beer bellys!!!!!!!!!!
    do i get extra credit for a hairy back?!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

I understand women prefering the more masculine features, but where does it say that the women wanted fat bellied men?

A prefrence for an an overweight man over an underweight man, but personally I'll wait for one that's just right. :), but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Are you saying a survey in a tabloid newspaper is not held in the same high standards as academic research? :eek:

This survey was carried out on behalf of Lion Bar Ice cream, I will have you know. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I have a bit of a belly that isn't out of proportion. Think of a Christmas pudding covered in dog hair.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Well you clearly have not met ANY of the BGRH brothers. Clearly. They are all amazingly sexeh :cool:
    NBB Bohs wrote: »
    ye but hot girls don't use forums generally.
    And YOU clearly have not met ANY of the BGRH brotherettes :eek: They too are amazingly sexeh :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

love hairy chest on a man......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RABTMOUSE

I'm not into fat men or men who give no thought in to how they look- but I do like a bit of a beer belly on a man, mmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement