Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brothers - What's the attraction?

Options
  • 05-08-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

It has come to my attention that the Brothers are far more popular with the wimmins than I originally suspected.

I am now wondering what exactly it is that makes the Brothers so attractive?

Is it their giving spirit in allowing us wimmins to cook and clean for them?
    Is it their bacony scent?
    Is it the way their beer guts protrude out and glisten with sweat?

So what is it? Because I'm at a loss to explain it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

*Looks at self*

*Realises that he cannot put himself into words that are awesome enough*

I just am, that is reason enough for my attractiveness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

janeybabe wrote: »
    It has come to my attention that the Brothers are far more popular with the wimmins than I originally suspected.

Apparently it's their modesty...
    Pimpey wrote: »
    *Looks at self*

*Realises that he cannot put himself into words that are awesome enough*

I just am, that is reason enough for my attractiveness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

smashey wrote: »
    Apparently it's their modesty...

And their gratefulness. Have you ever come across a brother who doesnt appreciate the fine cooking the wimmins provide?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

smashey, you're a hawt Brother with wimmins clamouring to be with you. What attracts them to you do you think?

Animal magnetism. :cool:

• Advertisement

Beneath all the posturing and bluntness, the Brothers all have a heart of gold, a way with words and an appreciation of the wimmins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

At first I thought you said "a way with swords".

Alas, here goes my dream of becoming the first stout musketeer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Gravity.

As we know, gravity is a field force which can be considered to act uniformly on the mass of all people and objects in the frame of reference.

For practical purposes (outside of non-symmetric gravitation and theoretical physics) this assumption is valid when the size of the region being considered is small relative to its distance from the center of mass of the gravitational attractor.

The small size of a wimmin relative to the average Brother is a good example.

Brother Smashey's theory of animal magnetism is grounded in classical gravitation physics, where the gravitational field is characterized by a symmetric rank-2 tensor. A general (nonsymmetric) tensor is decomposed into a symmetric and an antisymmetric part. The electromagnetic field is characterized by an antisymmetric rank-2 tensor.

This theory posits to support the mystery of "dark matter". I humbly suggest that "dark matter" is merely another name for the bacon residue in the average BGRH frying pan.

My quest for a unifried field theory continues* ... I have no doubt that a frying pan is involved, and bacon. Lots of bacon.

*unifried is not a typo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Whilst Trouts post makes sense I would humbly suggest that this reflects the true reason for the wimmins attraction to me

Pimpey wrote: »
    Whilst Trouts post makes sense I would humbly suggest that this reflects the true reason for the wimmins attraction to me

Ha ha you do everything Cath tells you to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I think its because of the effort we put in.

Look at it rationally. What woman wants a pretty boy? when push comes to shove, who really wants some guy thats going to take up Bathroom counter space of the wimmins?

Ask a brother for advice, we wont give you you 50 style tips, or how to look good naked. We are the men who will be there when your down, but we will pick you right up
    (with an obligatory pat on the behind)

I'm reminded of a quote from the bard...
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

We stick together, we offer advice, and quite frankly, are awesome.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Actually Brother trout is almost correct, however it's not gravity but rather that the Brothers exude an air of gravitas that younger, less worldly males can only aspire to. What woman would fail to be impressed by a large hunk of a man exposing his pate to the elements while testing the tensile strength of whatever garment he happens to be wearing at the time? And when scientists finally get a chance to study a Brother in detail they'll find that all his pheremones have been replaced by bacon scent that wimmins just can't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

the Brothers are what order men aspire to be so naturally of course women will automatically to attracted to to a brother, as that way they aren't waiting years for their man to finally become a brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

what brothers are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Húrin wrote: »
    what brothers are these?

The brothers are the men who frequent or used to frequent the BGRH forum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The brothers are the ones who set the bar other mere mortal men aspire to.

I like my Brothers to smell like pineapple.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Zaph wrote: »
    I like my Brothers to smell like pineapple.

I call shenanigans!

Then I call INTERVENTION!

istockphoto_5269261-pineapple-man.jpg

Brothers, we have a troll in our midst who keeps abusing my account. I'll leave it to you to decide a fitting punishment in my absence. I'll mete out my own discipline here. ;)

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Brothers, we have a troll in our midst who keeps abusing my account. I'll leave it to you to decide a fitting punishment in my absence. I'll mete out my own discipline here. ;)
    Shurrup pineapple boy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Did someone mention Pineapples????

Hmmm it seems I may have to be attracted to a different Brother quite soon based on this thread.

Ginny wrote: »

Did someone mention Pineapples????

There is absolutely no call for that, under any circumstances!
    Hmmm it seems I may have to be attracted to a different Brother quite soon based on this thread.

:(

Advertisement